Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Can the sliding door be opened when moving?

It's easy to drive off with the tailgate open though, losing all your stuff out the back .... twice I've done it now, fortunately without mishap o_O

Glad you are not a captain of a cross channel ferry :sorry

Yes but that only stops them being opened from outside.
Doesn't it also mean you need a double pull on the handle from inside? That may be an additional setting, but would help prevent accidental openings.

Its a fair question I guess. Sliding doors will open really fast if you're moving, our old bay window van decided to open its own sliding door when we were driving along one day, once it started rolling that was it, open in a flash! Frightened the life out of the kids as well :( However, any thought that may have entered their heads about opening it on the move were killed dead in that moment!

We used child locks wherever we could from then on.

The great thing about the Ocean is you can slide the seats back, well away from the door. Days Out, I love your thinking about keeping the kids away from the fridge :D

Its
The great thing about the Ocean is you can slide the seats back, well away from the door. Days Out, I love your thinking about keeping the kids away from the fridge :D

Seats slide back on all Calis.
When our grandchildren are travelling with us we always lock the doors using the buttons on the drivers door.

What have I started? I guess that was a bit "shellfish" of me.....

Granny... I suppose you wouldn't have left the tailgate open if you had enough "mussels" to close it....

Right let me carry on with reading those cracker jokes.....

Unlike the front doors, no warning buzzer sounds and the indicator on the dash is hardly noticeable.

Perhaps VW could be persuaded to make our Cali's play a Tuna?

........ I'll fetch me coat

Oh my cod! :eek:

This thread is wearing a bit fin. I would have expected a sole reply but we've had a load of scallops! :D

I think it's time we knocked this thread on the Hammerhead....

No need to get crabby
It's because we're talking cross porpoises :confused:

:Iamsorry Apologies to the OP for hijacking this thread ...... but there's nowt on telly ...

I've been trawling through these jokes and I want to avoid turtle disaster but the tread started when Granny Jen dropped some fish out the back of her Cali. I've mullet over and can see no porpoise to any of this. It's just a load of pollocks. So shall we discuss salmon else?

FIN.

Back