Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New Ocean with Electric Sliding Door...

Thanks all for your input; I've been back and forth on this one a few times, "I want it", followed by "Actually I don't need it" and then "I want it" quickly followed by "just another thing to go wrong"; finally I've settled on "I'm having it" :thumb
You will regret that decision. I would never have one . I know a guy who's got one and it's scraped all the paint off his quarter panel. Anyway maybe I will be proved wrong. If you have 3 Yr warranty and get rid before that time then you will be OK. People have disabled the electric door and removed the motor cabling. Why is that? There's a thread on how to do it. In my opinion it's the most stupid unnecessary accessory on a cali. I'd rather have a free fish tank. And it flattens your engine battery which is clearly the worst battery to flatten. Good luck. I even looked at buying 2nd hand and when I saw electric side door I gave it a miss.

You will regret that decision. I would never have one . I know a guy who's got one and it's scraped all the paint off his quarter panel. Anyway maybe I will be proved wrong. If you have 3 Yr warranty and get rid before that time then you will be OK. People have disabled the electric door and removed the motor cabling. Why is that? There's a thread on how to do it. In my opinion it's the most stupid unnecessary accessory on a cali. I'd rather have a free fish tank. And it flattens your engine battery which is clearly the worst battery to flatten. Good luck. I even looked at buying 2nd hand and when I saw electric side door I gave it a miss.

I have had electric doors on my last two Californians and never had any problems with these at all and yes I have heard horror stories about them but we have never experienced any problems and of course if you've got grandchildren they think you can perform magic when the doors open by them selves ;)

I had an electric door on my last Cali and it worked faultlessly. My only problem was with the open button being the centre one of three on the remote and walking off and pressing that button to lock ..... as it is on my other vehicle :oops: A bit heart-stopping to come back an hour later to find the door wide open :(

I wish that I had one on Alfie. I quite miss it.

I guess you can get a good one or a bad one it’s your luck I think. Had good and bad cars over the years hope my Cali will be a good one. :thumb

We had one on our first Cali and it was a PITA. Worked, then didn't then did, three times to the dealer to have it reset when it scraped the rear arch and I really hope they have calmed the beeper down. On a site it was a real embarrasment. On a vehicle used as a taxi etc I can see the point but not on a campervan.

Mine scraped the rear arch a few times which required repainting.

In the end it was like "Trigger's Broom". It had all parts replaced and has now worked faultlessly over the last 20months.

I've had problems with scratching the rear wing but at the 3rd attempt they 'appear' to have sorted it.... Fingers crossed.

I don't think I'd pay out for it if ordering new but find it very handy (and quiet). It is something extra to go wrong but it can be looked at by an independent ... Its not a case of 'computer says no' like much of the stuff these days.

Back