Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Can you buy the rolling awning later?

S

Sapmi

Vehicle
T6.1 Coast 110
Do you have to buy the rolling awning immediately? Now we think we don t need it, but may be we want it later. Is it easy to install or is it impossible without adaptions to the car. Or are there other possibilities ?

Can buy and fit it later, with no changes needed to the Cali. The awning comes with the brackets to attach it to the Cali roof

Do you have to buy the rolling awning immediately? Now we think we don t need it, but may be we want it later. Is it easy to install or is it impossible without adaptions to the car. Or are there other possibilities ?
Yes, you can have one retrofitted at a later date without too much effort. I have done that.

You may wish to pm this poster

Sorry see #18 reply re Thule awning likely to be for sale

It is (at least was) much cheaper to order it from the factory than to buy and fit later.

It is (at least was) much cheaper to order it from the factory than to buy and fit later.
You beat me to it. Not only cheaper, but the fitting in my case took 2.5 weeks as wrong / faulty parts kept being delivered by VW. In hindsight I would have been better off speccing it originally...

If I buy a factory-installed awning, can I remove it easily, e.g. in wintertimes? Does the car with awning remain under 2,00 meters?

If I buy a factory-installed awning, can I remove it easily, e.g. in wintertimes? Does the car with awning remain under 2,00 meters?

Yes, under 2m with the awning attached. Easier to just leave it on all year.