Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Capped Starlock Washers for sliding table

bangorlad

bangorlad

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Not sure how un/common this is but a couple of weeks ago I found I couldn't stash the fixed table - the leg wouldn't fold flat and clip in which meant it wouldn't slide into the fixed position. I then found one of the domed washer things that hold the ends of the U shaped sprung metal rod in place on each side of the leg had dropped out, causing the problem. By chance I actually found it on the floor and pushed it back on but once these things have come off they'll never remain back on for long. Some creative Googling eventually revealed the name of these things and then it was no problem sourcing them in sensible quantities on Ebay. The choice was spend half a day with a visit to VW for a free replacement or fork out £3.30 for 10 and have some spares in case the other one goes in the middle of nowhere. I did the latter; just look on Ebay and order 5mm ones, easy to fit in a couple of seconds. The other 9 will go in my Box of Useful Bits along with fuses and plastic dimples for the underside of the sink top..
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/222448130064

IMG_20180129_104515399.jpg

Not sure how un/common this is but a couple of weeks ago I found I couldn't stash the fixed table - the leg wouldn't fold flat and clip in which meant it wouldn't slide into the fixed position. I then found one of the domed washer things that hold the ends of the U shaped sprung metal rod in place on each side of the leg had dropped out, causing the problem. By chance I actually found it on the floor and pushed it back on but once these things have come off they'll never remain back on for long. Some creative Googling eventually revealed the name of these things and then it was no problem sourcing them in sensible quantities on Ebay. The choice was spend half a day with a visit to VW for a free replacement or fork out £3.30 for 10 and have some spares in case the other one goes in the middle of nowhere. I did the latter; just look on Ebay and order 5mm ones, easy to fit in a couple of seconds. The other 9 will go in my Box of Useful Bits along with fuses and plastic dimples for the underside of the sink top..
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/222448130064

View attachment 29579
Superb, one mines have just fallen off. Cheers