Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Car stereo on leasure battery?

bmassaer

bmassaer

Vehicle
Please Select
I just realised that the car stereo is connected to the main battery of the car. Would it be possible to connect it to the leasur battery, or do just have to accept this fact and use an mp3 player when camping?

+1 for the soundlink.
I think it can be done I'm sure a member on here had it changed to the leisure battery :thumb

I had my new stereo/sat nav wired in to the leisure battery when it was fitted. I turn it on and off with a switch at the base of the passenger seat when I'm on hookup. When the switch is off it runs off the ignition as normal.
Had it done at my local auto electricians, it totally transforms the on site music experience and would recommend that everybody gets it done!

Standard stereo will still cut out if wired unto leisure batteries as it is conneted to can bus for parking sensors & heater display. Need someone to work out how to fool can bus it is switched off.

We have the soundlink mini but also have the soundtouch for even better sound experience

I have a jawbone bluetooth speaker which is very good, but to be honest with a combo of new phones and the small space in the van the phone speakers often suffice.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

We flattened our battery on our second outing; used the stereo to play story CDs to the kids, killed it- oops! Luckily ours is manual and with a small slope below us, I bump started it without anyone else noticing the goon in a shiny new van... :oops: :lol:

Hi, due to take delivery of my VW in June and interested in having this modification done. Does anyone know if it voids the VW warranty, or if there is a way round it?

We have choices
BO-Play-Beolit-121.jpg

images
jawbone-jambox-silver-main-lg.jpg

I wired our stereo (together with the 12v sockets) into the leisure batteries. I did a post on how I did it but can't seem to find it now.
As mentioned it still turns off after 20 mins though so I need to find the Canbus connection and just put a switch in the line to disconnect it.

Thanks briwy. Shame we cannot locate your old post. Any tips would be helpful. Im sure a tweak with the stereo is not going to veto the warranty.

USB speakers are ok but good audiophile ones are expensive and it would be nice to take advantage of the all those existing surround speakers.

Back