Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Caravan and camping club

Muchos04

Muchos04

Vehicle
T5 SE 130
Thinking of joining this association. Can anyone recommend whether it’s worth it and are the discounts if pitching up with the camper? Also, is the above the best one to join?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thinking of joining this association. Can anyone recommend whether it’s worth it and are the discounts if pitching up with the camper? Also, is the above the best one to join?

It’s good for the gooutdoors extra discount!

ive been a member 2 year. I don't think its worth it. too many 3 night minimum stays and too many caravanners doing their shite bucket trundle at 6 am/. just wing it

Thanks all. Very interesting. I like the Stena deals though.

Some insurers give you a discount and I saved a few £ on my P&O ferry crossing too being a member.

Hardly ever use the sites. Often very regimented and I’ve had issues with them not being very kid friendly.

Some insurers give you a discount and I saved a few £ on my P&O ferry crossing too being a member.

Hardly ever use the sites. Often very regimented and I’ve had issues with them not being very kid friendly.

What would you recommend instead? Wild camping?

What would you recommend instead? Wild camping?

We tend to just use smaller independent sites and search online. Not all ‘club’ sites are bad. The ones that are more caravan focused just don’t tend to have the best vibe for us. Too many rules. It’s worth reading recent reviews on Google before booking.

We tend to just use smaller independent sites and search online. Not all ‘club’ sites are bad. The ones that are more caravan focused just don’t tend to have the best vibe for us. Too many rules. It’s worth reading recent reviews on Google before booking.

Thanks Andy. What keywords do you use? Independent campsites is it?? I keep getting ones pictures of lots of caravans!!

Thanks Aidy. What keywords do you use? Independent campsites is it?? I keep getting ones pictures of lots of caravans!!

If you camp a lot each year its worth it, even just for access to the Certified sites and the app to help find. If you dont go away as much may not be worth it financially.

C&CC also have a habit of describing a site as somewhere it actually isn't, which really irritates me. E.g. Oban site is 12 miles from Oban in another town entirely.

I’ve been a member of the C&CC for years, it’s a bit of a habit now. I would say they have some excellent sites such as Keswick/Derwentwater but unless you book months in advance you can forget it. Any ‘spur of the moment’ trips unless you go for a less popular area you may be disappointed.

ive been a member 2 year. I don't think its worth it. too many 3 night minimum stays and too many caravanners doing their shite bucket trundle at 6 am/. just wing it
Just cancelled mine for the same reason, too many sites insisting minimum stay. There are plenty of good independent sites offering one night stays and this works out better for me.

I've never had them refuse me a single night if I just turn up without warning but when booking in advance they do generally insist on this. Probably why many are half empty.

I've never had them refuse me a single night if I just turn up without warning but when booking in advance they do generally insist on this. Probably why many are half empty.
I think they won't release single nights until around midday so your only chance is to just turn up. Trouble is the sites that have the 2 night weekend rule tend to be the ones that get full!
The 2 night rule and their inflexible booking ( prepay and no cancel policy ) put the CCC at a disadvantage against CMC.

We were a member of both clubs this year but I’m only going to renew the CMC next year as I much prefer their ‘reserve a pitch but pay on arrival’ policy and we’ve stayed at some great sites with them this year - including Baltic Wharf in Bristol and Chatsworth House.

Depends on what you want from your campsite. If you like good, very clean facilities and a good night’s sleep then club sites are great. If you want to sit outside drinking until late, perhaps without dedicated pitches then chose commercial sites. Club membership also gets you access to small sites, but sometimes without facilities. We are at Ravenglass c&cc site at the moment and it’s ideal for us.

Depends on what you want from your campsite. If you like good, very clean facilities and a good night’s sleep then club sites are great. If you want to sit outside drinking until late, perhaps without dedicated pitches then chose commercial sites. Club membership also gets you access to small sites, but sometimes without facilities. We are at Ravenglass c&cc site at the moment and it’s ideal for us.

What’s a commercial club? Can you send me a link to a website with these?

The reference was to commercial campsites, ie those other than the two clubs and their associated CL sites. There are references elsewhere to look up sites, but I tend to use UK campsites. Www.ukcampsite.co.uk.

We do stay at these but you’re best with personal recommendations, if not read the reviews. There are some excellent ones, some with you poor facilities, and some that are party sites especially at bank holidays and during the summer.

The reference was to commercial campsites, ie those other than the two clubs and their associated CL sites. There are references elsewhere to look up sites, but I tend to use UK campsites. Www.ukcampsite.co.uk.

We do stay at these but you’re best with personal recommendations, if not read the reviews. There are some excellent ones, some with you poor facilities, and some that are party sites especially at bank holidays and during the summer.
They also never have wardens, AKA little Hitlers, to tell the miscreants to shut the flip up at 2 in the morning or stop playing football on the nice peoples pitch whilst they are trying to have lunch.