Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

caravan and motorhome campsites rules

john eagle

john eagle

Eaglehead
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hi
Can anyone please tell if pitching a tent next to your van at camping and motorhome sites Is acceptable, does it count same as putting awning up?

Some allow a "Pup" tent others don't it depends on the size and layout of the site. Most treat it like an awning as long as you are on an appropriate awning pitch.

I have been to many sites where if you pay for the awning you are ok with a separate tent - providing it goes where the awning would.

At other sites, they treat a separate tent as a separate occupancy and you have to pay for it again.

It really depends on who you are dealing with.

Probably best to ask the question at time of booking...i.e. be honest and upfront with your plans.

Hi
Can anyone please tell if pitching a tent next to your van at camping and motorhome sites Is acceptable, does it count same as putting awning up?

I read your question as relating to Caravan and Motorhome Club sites. If so then yes it’s totally acceptable and no additional charges. We have used a few different types of pop up tent (currently on a Cinch Hub) and all have been fine.

Does the charge include wind out awnings

Does the charge include wind out awnings
I was told that the California awning/sunshade does not fulfill their definition of an Awning. However, if you have the peged in 3 sidewalls I'm not sure.

Don’t forget to park the opposite way around than instructed if you want the tent by your door and to avoid staring at the neighbours. :rolleyes:

Back