Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Caravelle Business

James

James

Top Poster
VIP Member
I noticed VW that have introduced the Caravelle Business to the Uk, and it looks, erm the business...

http://www.volkswagen-vans.co.uk/carave ... /overview/

I am only posting this, because the Cali - like the Business is based on high end German Multivans - and I wonder if VW will finally fit the Multivan Dashboard in RHD form.

Seems unlikely, but a thought, it would be a throughly nice edition to full California's in the UK, I understand there have been some changes for the 2013 model year.

Anyway, just for a nosey, I have included the link. I am amazed that at this moment VW is introducing such a vehicle to the UK, the cost is pretty eye watering even if it looks very smart. Introducing a Business model into the UK at a time when most businesses are struggling to remain businesses can either be seen as crazy or extremely brave.

Of course the next step is, how do we get some of those gizmos in the Cali? lol

James

I test drove the VW UK demo one 2 weeks ago when I was looking or a Cali. 180 DSG of course :grin:

It's very very nice with the fridge between the rear seats big enough for two champagne bottles. Tables that go up and down telescopicily. All leather, wood, buttons, switches etc. in the back off the Bentley. Built in WiFi hub too.

Targeted at the airport limo run driver was my feeling after being in it. At £67,000 I think VW presume your buying as a business an not paying the VAT.

I've had a nosey at both a German Multivan and a German Cali and I'm not actually all that sure about their dash. It looks great in pictures but in "real life" it kind of looks like a slightly over-sized Polo dash and just strikes me as a bit bland and plasticky.

Shocking as it may sound, I actually prefer our dash.

Spotting a "business" T5.1 definitely gets you 50 T5 spotter points though!

KernowLad said:
I've had a nosey at both a German Multivan and a German Cali and I'm not actually all that sure about their dash. It looks great in pictures but in "real life" it kind of looks like a slightly over-sized Polo dash and just strikes me as a bit bland and plasticky.

Shocking as it may sound, I actually prefer our dash.

Spotting a "business" T5.1 definitely gets you 50 T5 spotter points though!

lol

You'll have to ask the Leftie owners on here about the Dash. I believe it gives you more storage space.

I was interested to see the Business is going to be offered with the 2.0 TSI Petrol Engine.

James

Back