Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Carpets or not?

The rugs look good, although searching dirt buster on Dunelm doesn't show anything so perhaps they have stopped them

The rugs look good, although searching dirt buster on Dunelm doesn't show anything so perhaps they have stopped them
Ah ha, that's because they're called Marvel Mats (dirt buster must have been another type I looked at somewhere else).
This is what I meant, Paul. They have other colours/sizes too.

Thanks for the advice- will pop there tomorrow on the way to the beach

Rugs over the bare floor - give em a shake outside and dust pan and brush for the floor. Colourful rugs to break up the Germanic starkness ;)
I agree IanE (why haven't I seen you in Kendal before?). Went to an independent carpet shop in Lancaster with measurements of floor and the cut out a lovely wool carpet, same colour as the 'pine' interior of my Cali - and also our Fox Red Lab! - and edged it all round. £30 all in. Lovely to put bare feet on, easy to take out and sweep down. Transformational!

Ah ha, that's because they're called Marvel Mats (dirt buster must have been another type I looked at somewhere else).
This is what I meant, Paul. They have other colours/sizes too.
+1 for Marvel mats from Dunelm. Like you we have 2 mats and just roll the rear mat up when I need to slide the seat forward.

Yes, just waiting for them to arrive from the site shop. We already have the monster mats in the front cab area which are great.

After 4 weeks waiting the Rubber Living area Mat never arrived despite being listed as 'in stock/1 remaining' upon ordering. Order has now been cancelled and refund issued.

I agree IanE (why haven't I seen you in Kendal before?). Went to an independent carpet shop in Lancaster with measurements of floor and the cut out a lovely wool carpet, same colour as the 'pine' interior of my Cali - and also our Fox Red Lab! - and edged it all round. £30 all in. Lovely to put bare feet on, easy to take out and sweep down. Transformational!
Hi Timo- sorry for late response - just back from a lovely, not too Covid dominated, camp in Normandy. We’ve been in Kendal with our Cali for ten years - bought new with my early retirement money (me in Kendal since 1978!), it’s midnight blue metallic. There are of course loads of VW campers around here :) and increasing numbers of Calis! What colour is yours?

Ian

Just seen this thread. Our Cali has started to be built and just trying to sort out ‘necessities’. Do you know what size Marvel rugs I need to get?

We have been very happy with ours! Makes a huge difference as it holds all the sand

We have this in ours.View attachment 62367
It's surprisingly easy to live with. Just take it out, give a damn good thrashing and hey presto, good as new. We also have Brandrups underneath. I'm now looking for a standard lamp to go with it. :thumb

Sorry to resurrect and old thread, but I'm keen to copy your idea of getting a custom made carpet from an offcut at my local carpet shop. I'm getting a Cali Ocean 6.1 2 seat bench. Can you or any others let me know what measurements I need to ensure I cover the runners and most of the living area space ?

Rugs over the bare floor - give em a shake outside and dust pan and brush for the floor. Colourful rugs to break up the Germanic starkness ;)
Hey which rug do you have please?

Would love to see a pic and know measurements. Thank you!

Having tried fitted mats back in 2012 in our 1st van we soon found what worked best for us was a loose rug. We found a Welsh woven one that works - shake it out and pop it in the washing machine when required. Colour to match your needs.
Recommend - https://www.solvawoollenmill.co.uk/
which looks like @Velma's Dad choice as well.