Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

CarPlay problems

L

Lulu27

Vehicle
T6 Cali On Order
Hi, I hope someone will be able to help me. We've had a T6 Cali since January and we love it. It's my every day drive so I have been happily using AppConnect with no problems from day one, until recently when, for some reason my phone is no longer connecting. I have an iPhone 7 and my software is up to date however the Cali screen says 'no playable files'. It's possibly related to the new update as my daughters phone does connect and she hasn't updated the software recently. Has anyone else had this problem? It's frustrating as it worked really well before.
I'm also unable to play my Spotify music using Bluetooth.
Many thanks.

Sounds like the iOS 10.3 software update is the culprit doesn't it? Perhaps there will be a firmware update for App Connect coming ... maybe a call to your VW dealer?

I'm using 10.3.1 on my MY2017 van with no problems? I really like CarPlay; I hope there are t going to be issues with each iOS iteration...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I haven't installed 10.3.1 yet - I will try it over the weekend and report back.

I'm using 10.3.1 too and all working smoothly. Some good improvements if you use Apple Music.

Hi, I hope someone will be able to help me. We've had a T6 Cali since January and we love it. It's my every day drive so I have been happily using AppConnect with no problems from day one, until recently when, for some reason my phone is no longer connecting. I have an iPhone 7 and my software is up to date however the Cali screen says 'no playable files'. It's possibly related to the new update as my daughters phone does connect and she hasn't updated the software recently. Has anyone else had this problem? It's frustrating as it worked really well before.
I'm also unable to play my Spotify music using Bluetooth.
Many thanks.

Not familiar with this particular system but have you tried deleting your iPhone from both the VW unit and the unit from the phone (ie 'forget this device' in settings) and then reconnecting again as a new association?

Have you tried a hard reset on the phone? Hold both the finger button and the power button together for up to 20 seconds until the phone restarts? Not just a power off...

Hooray all sorted. I went to apple support first and in the end I did a reset which did the trick (as Loz above suggested). Thanks for your replies everyone, I no longer feel the need to launch my phone out of the nearest window

Back