Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Moody CarPlay

Erbster

Erbster

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
I have a 2017 T6 Ocean since new and I have a problem with the stereo which is gradually getting worse. Not sure which model we have, but it doesn’t have the inbullt navigation. Have used CarPlay without a hitch until relatively recently - it’s always been slow to connect, but recently it hangs up. The screen will display the apps properly but the touch is unresponsive. Eg if I am playing an audiobook and maps is displaying, the map is moving and the audio book plays ok, but none of the touch controls work. Have latest iOS and have wiped my phone and reinstalled apps manually, tried other phone and other cable, to no effect. Seems like a software problem in the head unit because the touch screen works when eg using the radio. Only fix I’ve found is to press and hold the power button on the head unit for 10s and force it to restart, though this is only a temporary fix.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is it possible to get software updates for the head unit? Maybe it’s faulty - expensive to replace and would not want to lose reversing sensor display/camera. Grateful for any advice/experience…

I have experienced very similar to this. I returned to dealer and their only solution was a new VW charging cable, which made no difference and also didn’t fit my phone when cover in place.

I went through several expert audio firms and the unanimous conclusion is that the touch screen has to be replaced- usually with a full unit.

I haven’t bothered. Too expensive. My first workaround like you was a hard reset but I also found using the buttons to navigate was significantly more reliable

Not sure if this is related but I find that with mine (Beach 2019 version) having lots of apps open (on the phone) seems to cause more crashes. Especially zoom.

I would like a firmware update of mine too — is this possible?

Back