Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Cascaval alloy refurbishment?

Peter Roberts

Peter Roberts

Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Sounds a bargain. I reckon a delivery mileage set of black Cascavels would be £650 - 700 now. New tyres alone would cost 500. The wheels are almost throw away now.

Boris - if you are looking for a set of new Davenports, get ones with the 235 tyres. My last Cali had the 215‘s which were way less comfortable on the road than the 235’s.
I agree with that they do seem to hold the road better that the original 215s 16 inch that came with the van. Still have them so maybe put them back on over the winter to save the 235 tyres for the summer.

Borris

Borris

Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
If time permits the answer is not to pay for the 17”s as an option, but to take it as standard, buy a set of ‘new’ removed Devonports and tyres for £550 from eBay and sell your beach wheels and tyres for £350ish.
Time isn't an issue as I have a set of steels with winter tyres that will be fitted almost as soon as the vehicle arrives. I normally change to winters around the 1st of November depending on the long range weather forecast. I had no choice but to pay for 17" wheels as the van has 17" front brakes.

I am already on the look out for a set of new Devonports and will make a decision about advertising the Cascavals once it has arrived.

Borris

Borris

Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Sounds a bargain. I reckon a delivery mileage set of black Cascavels would be £650 - 700 now. New tyres alone would cost 500. The wheels are almost throw away now.

Boris - if you are looking for a set of new Davenports, get ones with the 235 tyres. My last Cali had the 215‘s which were way less comfortable on the road than the 235’s.
Yes I agree. I'm already on that.

2into1

2into1

Née T4WFA. Now running 2006 LHD T5 SE 130 Manual
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 130
I had no choice but to pay for 17" wheels as the van has 17" front brakes.
Ah, hadn't twigged that.

I've a set of 'new' Davenports with tyres for sale here, but you may find some more locally.

Borris

Borris

Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Ah, hadn't twigged that.

I've a set of 'new' Davenports with tyres for sale here, but you may find some more locally.
Glossop is near enough to Canterbury for me to be very interested. What tyre size are they? I am looking for a new set of 235s. If they are 235s can I send you a PM?

2into1

2into1

Née T4WFA. Now running 2006 LHD T5 SE 130 Manual
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 130
Glossop is near enough to Canterbury for me to be very interested. What tyre size are they? I am looking for a new set of 235s. If they are 235s can I send you a PM?
They're not I'm afraid. They are (I think we've confirmed) the better mpg 215s Continentals. It's rare they pop up with 235s but it does happen. Most come from Sportline vans not Cali's.

I bought them to put winter tyres on (I wasn't enjoying the steels). As I already had 215 Conti's on my summer cascavels, they suited my situation.

Sandyvan

Sandyvan

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
They're not I'm afraid. They are (I think we've confirmed) the better mpg 215s Continentals. It's rare they pop up with 235s but it does happen. Most come from Sportline vans not Cali's.

I bought them to put winter tyres on (I wasn't enjoying the steels). As I already had 215 Conti's on my summer cascavels, they suited my situation.
The vans destined to be Sportlines come into the country with T32 steels on so I am informed.

If 2into1 can get them to me I could get them to Medway or even Canterbury. I need to visit my Dad at some point who lives in Medway. I was thinking of going down to the south cost to pick my steels up.

Just a thought.

Borris

Borris

Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
The vans destined to be Sportlines come into the country with T32 steels on so I am informed.

If 2into1 can get them to me I could get them to Medway or even Canterbury. I need to visit my Dad at some point who lives in Medway. I was thinking of going down to the south cost to pick my steels up.

Just a thought.
Now that's a kind offer. I have sent 2into1 a pm so we'll see what happens.
Thanks.
Paul

Seaview

Seaview

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
We’ve had a set of Cascaval’s from another VW vehicle done and paid £100/wheel. Ours weren’t too bad but they all had a mark or worming.

We’ve just taken delivery of our Ocean and they have Cascaval’s but I do prefer Davenports for maintainance ease.

Adamvanman

Adamvanman

VIP Member

tapatalk_1570707527140.jpeg

Our Partners