Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Caution at Calais

guess not , but i'm open for dialoog....:Nailbiting

I must admit I found it strange at first.However, as others have said, if using a tablet it's easy to press the wrong key.

I consider it a compliment. At least someone has noticed a post of mine, not just skipped over it :D

does it matter?
Personally, I think yes.
1. I think the Agree and Disagree icons should be moved apart, in fact moved to each end of the Icon Display.
2. Disagree removed or you are unable to use it without also posting an explanation.

Just pressing Disagree without any explanation is just plain I'll mannered.

Back on topic , @GrannyJen noticed anything when leaving from the tunnel .
Did you see anything that upset you?

Back on topic , @GrannyJen noticed anything when leaving from the tunnel .
Did you see anything that upset you?

Nothing at all Wim,

Check in and immigration took just a few minutes, train on time, business as usual leaving the terminal. Could not have been easier.

We used the ferry for years every few months (and the good old Speedferries) but since trying the tunnel I would never go back. Cannot think of one good reason to go by ferry when it takes three times as long, you are hostage to horrible seas, hoards of marauding coach tourists/school kids (sorry I have school kids too ;) ), semi-permanent striking French workers, blocked ports, chaos at Dover customs/check in and now hijacking and attacks by desperate angry young men.

It costs a little more on the tunnel but has so many advantages not least a lovely peaceful super rapid and comfortable crossing chilling out in your own van. :)

The often sited reason to go ferry seems to be to get a blooming fry-up! Well, just get to the ET an hour early and have one there!

We used the ferry for years every few months (and the good old Speedferries) but since trying the tunnel I would never go back. Cannot think of one good reason to go by ferry when it takes three times as long, you are hostage to horrible seas, hoards of marauding coach tourists/school kids (sorry I have school kids too ;) ), semi-permanent striking French workers, blocked ports, chaos at Dover customs/check in and now hijacking and attacks by desperate angry young men.

It costs a little more on the tunnel but has so many advantages not least a lovely peaceful super rapid and comfortable crossing chilling out in your own van. :)
We used the DFDS Dover-Dunkirk ferry this summer, we will defo use the tunnel next time. Ferry was filthy and the breakfast ciabatta we had disgusting, makes me gippy thinking about it :mad:

We came twice to a forum meet using DFDS from Dunquerke but concidering the tunnel next time .
Staying in the Cali together with the dog eating our own meal think also would be nice.
More expencive indeed!

Is there a taxfree shop when using the tunnel?

Yes, there is a 'duty free' shop with all the usual booze, cigs, watches etc but I think you normally find better prices at Lidl/Aldi/Amazon etc.

We use DFDS Dover Dunkirk all the time, crossings are generally £100 cheaper than the tunnel plus it takes us 3 hours to get to dover so a 90 minute rest on the ferry before another 5 hours drive on the other side is fine, we also pay the £8 on board upgrade to the First class lounge which has free beverages and you get a nice meal brought to your nice comfy chair.

We came back through Caliais a few weeks ago and it was OK - BUT it is a different story as soon as it gets dark, this is when all the trouble happens according to some people we were speaking to at the terminal. I would make sure you ensure your crossings are in daylight hours.

We came twice to a forum meet using DFDS from Dunquerke but concidering the tunnel next time .
Staying in the Cali together with the dog eating our own meal think also would be nice.
More expencive indeed!

Is there a taxfree shop when using the tunnel?
Yes, Duty free available at both ends.

Back