Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Caution!

A thought the "weird" comment was firmly tongue in cheek, that was the way I took it and sorry if you took offence. All Cali owners are a bit weird anyway, spending vast amounts of money to sleep in a tiny tin box can't be normal.
I cant seem to find a post from yourself implying I am weird. I'm not offended by anything TBH I'm a Yorkshire bloke with Scottish blood so does take a lot. I come on here to be part of something and if I can help with advise I will and yes I have opinions not always to peoples liking and have apologised in the past. But there seems to be individuals that don't read the whole thread and make comments or leave you guessing what they mean.
There's been a few lately i.e. the use as a daily driver thread, the copper slip the wheel bolt thread, the 204 V 150, the DSG V Manuel, Beach V Ocean, if you don't use your hob then that's why I bought a Beach comment.

We are all different We have all paid our money and despite what individuals think can do what ever we want with our possessions, as long as its not hurting anyone or against the law of the land.

I cant seem to find a post from yourself implying I am weird. I'm not offended by anything TBH I'm a Yorkshire bloke with Scottish blood so does take a lot. I come on here to be part of something and if I can help with advise I will and yes I have opinions not always to peoples liking and have apologised in the past. But there seems to be individuals that don't read the whole thread and make comments or leave you guessing what they mean.
There's been a few lately i.e. the use as a daily driver thread, the copper slip the wheel bolt thread, the 204 V 150, the DSG V Manuel, Beach V Ocean, if you don't use your hob then that's why I bought a Beach comment.

We are all different We have all paid our money and despite what individuals think can do what ever we want with our possessions, as long as its not hurting anyone or against the law of the land.
So, what you're saying is that you don't like cooking in your van.

Wow! We love our Cadac - a perfect size for a family of four.

Yep, lots of people seem to like them.
Went on a trip recently and a friend did pizza on his. It was pretty good pizza...

Yep, lots of people seem to like them.
Went on a trip recently and a friend did pizza on his. It was pretty good pizza...
Fray bentos pies, Cornish pasties, full English/Welsh or Scottish breakfasts as said Pizza on the stone and loads of other great stuff.

We try to look at things this way, of course there are always exceptions......we cook on the cooker when the weather is bad or we go to a nearby restaurant/pub if opening windows etc just lets the rain in. When the weather is fine we cook/eat outdoors. Best of all worlds - we are on holiday at the end of the day. :cheers :cool:

This post made for great jovial reading and banter but all jokes aside, is there anyway of not ‘smoking ‘ out the interior with lingering smells, for example ensuring all windows are left open before/during cooking etc or are there genuinely a list of smelly foods to avoid? I appreciate that the elements do not always allow for windows to be kept open when cooking.

The manual states that, when cooking, the sliding window as well as the window in the bellow must be opened.
This means of course lifting the top bed. Only drawback is when it's raining from the left side of the vehicle.
There is no way you can open the sliding window and top window in the rain.
Then it can come in handy to cook outside under the awning. Well, handy might not be the right word chosen, but better than let the rain enter in the van.

Where in Derbyshire are you Chris?
We e. It used the job to cook because we prefer the BBQ - but - wouldn’t not have it. No debate —- how many 4x4 owners use their’s off road? How many sports car drivers exploit the potential of their cars? How many satnav owners use their sat abs when they have spouses who know better?

3 Years in, only made hot drinks in the van, all cooking done outside, winter or summer. If weather’s too bad, off to the pub for dinner, cereal or McDonald’s for breakfast.

Outdoor fried breakfast and a good brew is the best bit of camping in any type of accommodation.
[/

Weve not used the hon to cook with for 10 years because we prefer the COBB- but - wouldn’t not have ithe kitchen unit because we ‘may’ use it. Besides we use it constantly for coffee, tea, porridge etc. No debate here on kitchen utility but —- how many 4x4 owners use their cars off road? How many sports car drivers exploit the potential of their cars? How many satnav owners use their sat abs when they have spouses who know better.....

We have done 41 nights so far this year and never cooked once, we always seek out campsites near pubs or towns where we can get a nice meal out. The way I look at it, is my wife and I don't go on holiday to cook and wash up ( we can do that at home in a full sized kitchen and we have a dishwasher) also the money we have saved by not staying in a hotel pays for our evening meal with plenty of change left over. This is the same as if I go on a package holiday, I will normally book self catering but will still eat out most nights in local restaurants like everyone else.

We have done 41 nights so far this year and never cooked once, we always seek out campsites near pubs or towns where we can get a nice meal out. The way I look at it, is my wife and I don't go on holiday to cook and wash up ( we can do that at home in a full sized kitchen and we have a dishwasher) also the money we have saved by not staying in a hotel pays for our evening meal with plenty of change left over. This is the same as if I go on a package holiday, I will normally book self catering but will still eat out most nights in local restaurants like everyone else.
Do you have a beech or ocean? And if the latter, why bother?

Do you have a beech or ocean? And if the latter, why bother?

Ocean, but the hob is only a small portion of the kitchen !! We use the fridge for beer and wine, we also use the wardrobe and cupboards. Plus we do make the odd cup of tea in the morning if we can't find somewhere that does breakfast