Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Central locking/alarm problem

T5sevilla

T5sevilla

Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Hi,
Searched for a thread that described my problem, but no joy. So....
I have a 2008 LHD Cali which has a Central locking and/or alarm problem. When I go to lock the van with the remote, the doors all lock every time, BUT the alarm LED next to the driver's lock button doesn't always start to flash - sometimes it works first time, other times (more commonly) it takes several attempts to get it to flash. When it does eventually flash, it is ALWAYS accompanied by an unmistakeable 'clunk' from the sliding door lock. The doors always lock without fail on the first attempt, either with/without the LED flashing.
Similarly, most times it takes a 'double unlock' on the remote to unlock the sliding door - all other doors unlock on the first activation of the remote. Any ideas out there please? Thanks!
(I also posted a while ago about 3 or 4 high pitched beeps that sometimes occur when turning the ignition on - they appear to happen randomly, e.g. could be first start up in the morning, or after stopping for fuel etc, no other signs (warning lights, messages etc.) accompany these beeps - any ideas please??)

possibly its to do with the deadlocking. I think VW changed the sequence related to key presses a few years ago.
A 2008 Golf in the family will 'normal' lock on the first press of the key fob and then deadlock on the 2nd press. Not noticed what the LED's do.

My 2012 California deadlocks on the first press, if I do a second press of the lock button it removes the deadlock but leaves the doors still locked. Think I still get the LED lit but with a different sequence of flashing.

On the Golf it takes one press of the unlock to open the drivers door but 2 presses to unlock all the other doors. This sounds similar to your Cali.

No idea on the beeps I'm afraid.