Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Driver's Side weird central locking behavior!

soundsk

soundsk

VIP Member
Hi,

Just read all the central locking threads here but no matches for what I am experiencing!

Noticed this today, after setting of in the van.
Our Cali is a 2007 model, and it came with the auto-lock above 20km/h and auto-unlock when removing key functions activated which always worked fine.

Today when I got up to speed, I heard the doors lock as usual, plus one more "clunk" from my side (driver), I looked at the pin and it was unlocked.

So, the auto-lock is locking all the doors except for mine. It locks it at first, with all the others, but it unlocks it immediately after.
The lock/unlock button on the door by the window controls also locks the doors, except for the driver's. Auto-unlock unlocks all the doors, as usual, except mine which is already unlocked because it never locked in the first place.

The remote key fob locks and unlocks all the doors no problem, so the lock itself is working.
Using the key itself on the outside key hole also locks and unlocks everything no problem.

The van also correctly displays the driver's door as open or closed on the dash display.

Anyone had anything like this before?

Cheers!

Hi,

Just read all the central locking threads here but no matches for what I am experiencing!

Noticed this today, after setting of in the van.
Our Cali is a 2007 model, and it came with the auto-lock above 20km/h and auto-unlock when removing key functions activated which always worked fine.

Today when I got up to speed, I heard the doors lock as usual, plus one more "clunk" from my side (driver), I looked at the pin and it was unlocked.

So, the auto-lock is locking all the doors except for mine. It locks it at first, with all the others, but it unlocks it immediately after.
The lock/unlock button on the door by the window controls also locks the doors, except for the driver's. Auto-unlock unlocks all the doors, as usual, except mine which is already unlocked because it never locked in the first place.

The remote key fob locks and unlocks all the doors no problem, so the lock itself is working.
Using the key itself on the outside key hole also locks and unlocks everything no problem.

The van also correctly displays the driver's door as open or closed on the dash display.

Anyone had anything like this before?

Cheers!
Had similar to this with my first allroad (2005). Rectified by lubricating the inside of the keyhole of the driver's lock with WD40, or similar, using the thin tube to squirt the lub deep into the keyhole then 'exercising' the barrel using the key itself. The barrel had become dry through non use causing the lock to stick. Worth a try.
Wullie

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thank you!

I read somewhere that WD40 isn't adequate for use in locks, but I did insert the key and worked the lock for a few minutes, locking and unlocking.
I also disconnected the battery for about an hour as I also read that disconnecting the battery for over 15min resets the door lock controller. Don't know if this true, but I just got in and tried locking the doors via the button by the windows controls and it worked.
Later I'll take the van out and see if the auto-lock is also working again.

So here's a photo I took yesterday, as it was "her" birthday!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BLCZOdGgr3P

Thank you!! Have a great Sunday!