Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Central locking issue.

Bajers

Bajers

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Hi All,
Could anyone advise on this please. I left the van to-day in a large town centre car park to-day whilst my better half and Iwent on an all day walk.
We left it at 9am and returned at 4pm to find the passenger door wide open.
Everything was fine but on closer inspection the rest of the van was locked and it hadn't been forced open and nothing had been taken.
I unlocked the van and tried locking it again with the passenger door open and it locked perfectly normally. I then tried locking it with the passenger door closed and drivers side then the tailgate and finally the side door and it would not lock.
Every other vehicle I have owned would not lock with any door open, either they 'chirp'or just dont respond.
So, is this a fault with my particular van or is it a 'feature' where they will lock with the passenger door open? Could anyone advise please?
Been very, very lucky here and just cannot believe we both walked off with a door wide open.
Cheers guys.

Was the open door locked? This means, if you close the door, was the door closed, or could you open it again?

At VW you can lock the car with every door open except the driver's door.
So if you leave the passenger, boot, sliding door open, you can lock the car. If you then close the doors, they will be locked too.

Hi TripleBee,
Just rechecked this and you are absolutely right.
I can lock the van with any door open apart from the drivers side door and yes, the passenger door does lock with it open and when you close it, it stops locked.
I will have to make sure all doors are closed properly in the future!

Good to find out that there is nothing wrong with the van! :thumb

This feature comes in handy when the driver leaves the car, the other doors are open, but the driver can close the car, and when the others close the doors, the van is already locked.
Otherwise the driver needs to wait till all the doors are closed before he can lock the car.

Shouldn't the alarm go off if a door is left open?
I guess not, as long as the door is not closed before.
If the door is closed (and locked) and then opened without the correct key, then the alarm will go off. Not if the door was never closed. Until closure of the door, the car is in a "ready to lock" position.

Hi The alarm would not go of as the vehicle has not seen all doors in a closed position and locked/safe feed back until this happens the alarm will not arm. If the vehicle is not in a locked condition the indicators will not flash. Try locking your vehicle with the passenger door open the indicators will not flash then shut the door the indicators will then flash as it will recognize the vehicle is secure

Back