Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Central locking issues

Scotclimb

Scotclimb

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140 4Motion
Hi we have a 2008 se
Our passenger door sometimes opens from fob. Always locks from fob. But most of the time I have to get in and manually open it. I’ve tried single click double click. Is this an easy fix? Thanks

Could it be that the battery in the fob maybe needs changing.?

Could it be that the battery in the fob maybe needs changing.?
Thanks for your reply ozzy but it works fine. I tried the double click last night and it worked. I was double clicking the fob maybe to slow. When doing it really quick it seemed to work. Or maybe it was just a fluke. Here’s hoping it was just user error

The passenger door lock actuator is probably faulty or sticking. You would need to take off the door card to investigate what is happening.

The passenger door lock actuator is probably faulty or sticking. You would need to take off the door card to investigate what is happening.
Thanks Brian. I thought it was solved but it’s back to not working from the fob again. Is this an easy job taking off the door card / replacing actuator or are they serviceable? Thanks

Thanks Brian. I thought it was solved but it’s back to not working from the fob again. Is this an easy job taking off the door card / replacing actuator or are they serviceable? Thanks
I very much doubt it, I’m afraid.

Door Parts.

Lock Parts.

Back