Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

central locking

Chris H

Chris H

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
hi got our new t6 and went to unlock the doors and drivers one opens but the passenger one does not open. I had to lift the lever manually also it then does not go down when I press lock. Any idears if this is normal or some form of child lock ?

Most cars in the VW group have this feature: one click to open the drivers door; a double click to open the rest. It's designed to make you feel safer when getting in the car by yourself so that no-one else can jump in with you on the passenger side.

You can normally switch this off in the control menu somewhere. Not got my Cali yet but it was on my Passat and it's on my A6 now.

Think that can be programmed at dealer ....

passenger door does not even open or close when using the lock unlock button near the mirror switch. Dealer ringing me today so will ask them about it as the wife wont be happy standing out in the rain while I climb in to open her door. Lol

On our t5 if you unlock on the key pad all the doors unlock or lock ditto with the switch on the door -- I am sure you have a fault

If indeed the button on the driversdoors not unlock all doors including sliding and boothdoor , there is a problem.
The remote can be programmed imo.

Back