Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Ceramic coating recommendations in the South

Nick G

Nick G

Nick G
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Hi, I have just bought (not collected) a new Cali. It's a Sept 23 van with 25 miles on it so basically new. I've been offered GardX ceramic paint protection by the dealer but haven't committed (£497 cost). I've read lots of reports that dealers don't do the job as well as professional detailers and that GardX isn't a great product anyway.
Any guidance would be useful. I'm inclined to take the van to a professional detailer for ceramic coating so any recommendations not too far from me (Kenley, Surrey) would be appreciated.

Hi, I have just bought (not collected) a new Cali. It's a Sept 23 van with 25 miles on it so basically new. I've been offered GardX ceramic paint protection by the dealer but haven't committed (£497 cost). I've read lots of reports that dealers don't do the job as well as professional detailers and that GardX isn't a great product anyway.
Any guidance would be useful. I'm inclined to take the van to a professional detailer for ceramic coating so any recommendations not too far from me (Kenley, Surrey) would be appreciated.
Check with your Insurance Company. Some have had problems.

Hi Nick,

I recently got our new van coated by All that Gleams in Chilworth - https://allthatgleams.co.uk/

Great reviews and they use GTECHNIQ which I’ve had on my Golf for 3 years and it still looks amazing.

I checked with my insurance first (LV) and it cost me an extra £20-£30 on my premium.

Steve

IMG_7900.jpeg

Why is insurance dearer if your van is shiny? Why tell them? Insurance companies are criminal rip off merchants, tell them nothing.

Why is insurance dearer if your van is shiny? Why tell them? Insurance companies are criminal rip off merchants, tell them nothing.
Simple. If a repair involves respraying of part of the body the ceramic coat would need to be removed and afterwards reapplied all at additional cost so why shouldn't the owner pay a higher premium rather than all to cover the additional cost.

Back