Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Professional Detailing and Ceramic Coating

So the results of my detailing are in. Frankly it's stunning - better than new. It looks like it's been coated with some special shiny glass coating and the best part...nothing sticks to it. Should be a doddle to clean. I haven't had to use the wipers, even in rainy conditions as the water just beads off.

I went for IGL Kenzo for paintwork and Gtechniq for wheels and glass. Pics don't really do it justice.
received_1589609707737265.jpeg received_1589609597737276.jpeg received_1589609467737289.jpeg IMG_20170516_182716.jpg received_1589609211070648.jpeg

IMG_20170516_182703.jpg

So the results of my detailing are in. Frankly it's stunning - better than new. It looks like it's been coated with some special shiny glass coating and the best part...nothing sticks to it. Should be a doddle to clean. I haven't had to use the wipers, even in rainy conditions as the water just beads off.

I went for IGL Kenzo for paintwork and Gtechniq for wheels and glass. Pics don't really do it justice.
View attachment 21974 View attachment 21975 View attachment 21977 View attachment 21978 View attachment 21979

View attachment 21976

WOW looking epic !

I decided to do this 4 months ago - not the full on expensive stuff but a pro valeter who spent 5 hours doing it finishing with Gyean Can Coat sealant - he even did every nook and cranny in the roof areas (can't believe how much muck collects up there???!!!)
he also advised me to use PH neutral car shampoo not the stuff I have used before!
I have to say it was £150 well spent - wipes clean easily, seems to repel a lot of dirt / dust and looks lovely still. May invest in a machine polish before treatment next time, tho he said my paint was not too bad considering its been thru Poles, VW and my not very good washing and polishing! I will use him every 6 - 9 months I think...my arms and shoulders protest nowadays
so to anyone who finds it tiresome washing and polishing to level that proud bus owners go to, I say its well worth it!!!!

I decided to do this 4 months ago - not the full on expensive stuff but a pro valeter who spent 5 hours doing it finishing with Gyean Can Coat sealant - he even did every nook and cranny in the roof areas (can't believe how much muck collects up there???!!!)
he also advised me to use PH neutral car shampoo not the stuff I have used before!
I have to say it was £150 well spent - wipes clean easily, seems to repel a lot of dirt / dust and looks lovely still. May invest in a machine polish before treatment next time, tho he said my paint was not too bad considering its been thru Poles, VW and my not very good washing and polishing! I will use him every 6 - 9 months I think...my arms and shoulders protest nowadays
so to anyone who finds it tiresome washing and polishing to level that proud bus owners go to, I say its well worth it!!!!
That's great value David, seems like a really good way to do it.

View attachment 21974 View attachment 21975 View attachment 21977 View attachment 21978 View attachment 21979

View attachment 21976
That looks great - I note that you're in Wokingham, who did you use and what did it cost ?
I'll be needing to do similar on my car before I sell for my Ocean later this year...

That looks great - I note that you're in Wokingham, who did you use and what did it cost ?
I'll be needing to do similar on my car before I sell for my Ocean later this year...
Hi Mark, I did a LOT of research and everyone recommended Concurs Detailing over at Hartley Wintney. I got the full works of treatment, incl decontaminstiob two stage machine polish

Let me try that again! Accidentally posted.

Hi Mark, I did a LOT of research and everyone recommended Concurs Detailing over at Hartley Wintney. I got the full works of treatment, incl decontamination, two stage machine polish, window and wheels coated and IGL Kenzo ceramic bodywork coat - about 3 days work - for £800.

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Bradley at Concurs Detailing.

Had mine done from New without letting VW prep the vehicle at all as all this would have done is given the Detailer more work and cost me more.

Full clean inside and out, machine polish.
Gtechniq Crystal Serum
Gtechniq Exo v 3
Gtechniq C5 Wheel armour
Gtechniq il all interior (Alcantara seats)
Gtechniq L1

Left the Cali early morning and collected teatime next day.

I now wash it with a good quality mitt and two bucket method at a local garage which has a wash bay and lance.

Nothing sticks to it and it is almost a pleasure to wash.

Guaranteed 7years but Detailer reckoned with the Exo v 3 I will get 10.

I'll probably take it to him once a year for a checkover and valet for about £50. Required to validate the guarantee.

This thread shows it from post 120

Should never require polishing.

https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/threads/phew-oops-b-r-hurray.13280/page-6

Mike
Hi Mike, looking to get mine done - which Detailer did you use?

Thanks Mike - I will give them a call tomorrow.

Last edited:
I have just had my Discovery 4 treated with Gtechniq Crystal Serum and Exo by Ultimate Finish at Brand Hatch. Cali is next on my list after having B-pillars painted black and chrome side trims fitted.

Can any recommend a detailer near Abergavenny ?
Son is buying a new car.
Many thanks

Can I ask for some feedback from those that had their vans done? Some honest (+ and -) would be great, so I can assess if I should invest.

Did you use some one in Bristol ,Loz ?
Not too far for my son . Relatives live in Bristol.

Last edited:
Can I ask for some feedback from those that had their vans done? Some honest (+ and -) would be great, so I can assess if I should invest.

I think it’s worth it.
I try and get it detailed every year, makes life so much easier through summer with the cleaning chores.
Get in quick, as it’s getting to detailers busy season.

:thumb

Let me try that again! Accidentally posted.

Hi Mark, I did a LOT of research and everyone recommended Concurs Detailing over at Hartley Wintney. I got the full works of treatment, incl decontamination, two stage machine polish, window and wheels coated and IGL Kenzo ceramic bodywork coat - about 3 days work - for £800.

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Bradley at Concurs Detailing.

Hi samdb,
How happy are you almost a year after your detailing? I’m considering visiting Bradley in the next few weeks with my 3 year old black van.

Cheers Chris

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi samdb,
How happy are you almost a year after your detailing? I’m considering visiting Bradley in the next few weeks with my 3 year old black van.

Cheers Chris

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hi Chris, yes 100% recommend Bradley - he’s a perfectionist which is what you want and in a detailer! And he’s got good knowledge of the latest coatings.