Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Chalet style interior redesign

Fantastic. Location?

Skis or snowboards?

We also have two sheepskins in the cali. Its really great! We had them also all summer ;-)

PS: You need an iPad with the fireplace movie ;-)

Haha, good idea the ipad fire.
I really like the sheepskin for the cali. I never had one before. Do you use them as carpets or as blankets? I can see it could be very practical in cold weather.
Any experience with the ones sold by Ikea? I might add one up to the Christmas tree.

Haha, good idea the ipad fire.
I really like the sheepskin for the cali. I never had one before. Do you use them as carpets or as blankets? I can see it could be very practical in cold weather.
Any experience with the ones sold by Ikea? I might add one up to the Christmas tree.

We never stepped on them with shoes – so not lige a regular carpet.

But when bare feet they are cosy on the floor, we use them in the chairs outside when its getting cooler, inside on the bench, I even slept on them when I was a bit cold. They are in fact very versatile. Warm in the winter and great in the nordic summer as well. OK we even used them in southern Europe this summer – they like adapts to climate.

We also use them in the chairs on the terrace when home. Right now they are in the chairs and sofa in our livingroom …

All three sheepskins and some other stuff are from Ikea :) We sit on them, they are excellent and give you completely different, more cosy feeling for long winter evening.
The iPad fireplace crossed our minds already!
Both winter pictures are from previous seasons and were taken in the Alps, one at Passo Pordoi in Dolomites and another one in Nockberge, Austria.
We mostly do ski touring, hiking and climbing staying away from ski resorts.

All three sheepskins and some other stuff are from Ikea :) We sit on them, they are excellent and give you completely different, more cosy feeling for long winter evening.
The iPad fireplace crossed our minds already!
Both winter pictures are from previous seasons and were taken in the Alps, one at Passo Pordoi in Dolomites and another one in Nockberge, Austria.
We mostly do ski touring, hiking and climbing staying away from ski resorts.

Yes, it makes the cabin a lot more cosy.

The pics looks really nice. Would love to do that, but my wife is not convinced about staying in the cali tru wintertime (just showed her your picture from the cali married in snow). Maybe over time ;-)

Thanks for your replies. I find these sheep skins very useful. Had not thought about using them in the outside chairs but seems like a great idea. For sure much better than those Bandrup covers and probably the same cost.
I will go sheep hunting today. I have an Ikea 1km away from my house. I went there daily during two weeks when we relocated 3 years ago. It seems like it will be the same now that I will receive my cali next month.

I really like the idea of decorating the cali and of changing the decoration with the seasons or for special occasions. That is something that would be tedious and expensive to do at home but easy to do in our campers.
One of the things that put us off when first thinking about getting a cali was that we quite often saw in Spain. Mostly van conversions totally full of things, clothes, cords and all kind of ugly things. It reminded me of those gypsies that we have over there. Nothing against them but I would not like to live like them. I like the style that I see on this forum. We all at home have agreed that we have to keep the Cali clean, tidy and if possible charming and stylish.

Fabulous! We have sheepskins in the van too - as you say, great for the chairs outside.

Space saving and economy tip... Buy a couple of 70's style sheepskin jackets (football manager style) from your local charity shop. You can wear them outside when it's cold, and then turn them inside out for use inside the Cali when you get back:).

You need one of those fake cats sleeping on the worktop

Back