Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Changes on the T6 Cali interior

Ahh, the very nifty little torch behind the driver's seat which came as standard in our new Cali - only problem is, as others have mentioned, it's almost impossible to remove from the fitting. I have managed it twice, so it can be done, but not worth the struggle involved. Who designs these things? I include the cupholder in that comment which is great when it is holding an "almost empty" cardboard coffee cup and the cup slowly rises out the holder with the spring tension and the road vibrations which you don't notice until....... the spring snaps shut and the cup is propelled out of the holder ............!!!

Agree with above! A major problem with DSG. At least with the manual you can go 1 to 2 to 3 - press cup down - 4 to 5 etc.

I suppose that it is a testimony to the excellent interior design of the Cali that Vw have carried out so few changes.
Forgive me for not being that impressed with that plasticky cup holder thing. To me it looks cheap and adds nothing to the package. It spoils the clean lines of the interior and looks like a after thought, which is what it is.
However, the prospect of different water and wind proof roof material is an interesting development.
The front blinds have so far only been available on lhd vans. Will we actually get them in the UK?

have they sorted out the corrosion on front roof panel?
is the panel aluminium or grp?
is the roof alumnium or grp?

John

The front blinds have so far only been available on lhd vans. Will we actually get them in the UK?

From what i've read I thought the UK magnets ones are supposed to better than the LHD ones?

From what i've read I thought the UK magnets ones are supposed to better than the LHD ones?

Don't like the magnet ones, seemed a little untidy... prefer the previous UK pole ones but I know some people struggled with them.

We like our blinds. Driver and passenger side windows blinds have sewn in magnets, front windscreen blind hangs off the sun visors and velcros around the rear view mirror, all three take seconds to put on and take off and fold down to nothing. This can all be done without getting out of the vehicle.

Was one of the first things I was going to change but as above I don't mind the blinds.

I'm quite big though (Shrek sized) so find it easier to put the side windows on with the doors open.

Can the front seats on a T6 Cali be rotated without opening the doors?

I bought a personally specified T5.1 with swivel seats but they could not be rotated without opening the relevant front door. So I assume a Cali is the same, am I correct?

Our current camper is fitted with Sportscraft swivels which can be rotated with the doors closed.

By the way the 'T' designation only appeared with the introduction of the T4 in 1991 and was retrospectively applied to previous Transporter models.
Previously the 'Type' designation applied to models as they were introduced.
Type 1 = Beetle with additional sub designations for Karmann Ghia, Karmann Cabrio, 147, 181 etc. 1950 on
Type 2 = Split screen Transporter 1950-1967
Type 2/68 = Bay window Transporter initially but later became just another Type 2 1968 - 1979
Type 3 = Saloon, Fastback and Variant (Estate) 1960 - 1974 also Type 3 Karmann Ghia
Type 4 = Larger Saloon, Fastback and Variant (Estate) 1968 - 1974
Type 25 = Square shaped Transporter 1980 - 1991(ish)

Body variations were indicated by the two digits following the first (1,2 or 3 etc) including left & right hand drive.

Don't ask about the VW K70, that didn't start life as a Volkswagen it was 'inherited' from NSU and post 1973 water cooled cars were and still are given 'names'. Passat, Golf, Polo (which was also an AUDI 50!) etc.

Rod

Yes I think its basically an upgraded version of the previous LHD option...they attach to a clip by rv mirror...I don't like the fact that they are only partial blackout as don't fit snug with a gap at top ...I much prefer my exterior side/window wrap cover....and I agree they seem a bit flimsy as well...all the Cali blinds have to be treated very gently I find!
These are the concertina Reimo ones? I've have had the Transit version fitted for the last decade but these are a pod fitted to the A-pillar and the blinds concertina out to the centre from each side (you can just see the white lines inside the A-pillar on my current avatar) so are more bulky.
I find that whilst not a blackout blind, they do cut out the majority of light (and heat) so not only good for night time use, but wherever the van is parked in strong sunlight. It's also incredibly quick to draw them, and open them too - great for wild camping! As with David, we also have (had) a wraparound external for total blackout/winter use.
I hope to get some to fit in my T5 as they are more concealed than they were in the Transit as they are contained in the A-pillar trim for the VW, not on it.

I would also like to fit these. I did search for Reimo ones recently but they did not seem to make them for the T5?!

Thanks Huey and Paul; agree JustKampers is rather expensive considering the current exchange rate! Found them on the Reimo site at €349 which equates to £256 plus some postage. Just need to make sure they do not have left and right hand drive variants.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Barryjm, it may be worth contacting Concept Multi Car at Hythe (http://www.conceptmulti-car.co.uk/), they are Reimo agents and import personally every week from the Reimo warehouse in Germany so if they do not stock what you want they may be a better price than personally importing (postage exchange rates etc.). From personal experience they are also very helpful.

Rod

Pricey? If it said Brandrup... ;)
The Transit set (windscreen and cab doors) was over £500 a decade ago!

Back