Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Changing a wheel - easy ?

Pleased that you got it sorted. At least it wasn't raining.
Arising from bitter experience, I carry a boiler suit and a pair of industrial gloves, they don't take up much room.
Fortunately I didn't have any 'good' clothes on.i put the spare back in the carrier at the tyre place. Interestingly the hole was so big they wouldn't have been able to fix it and said that tyre gel stuff wouldn't have worked on such a large hole. So for me carrying a spare wheel is essential . Anyone without one carrying that emergency puncture stuff would be advised by me to get a spare wheel slung under there. Also it gives freedom to drop the wheel somewhere off for fixing and pick up later if the tyre place is busy

Fortunately I didn't have any 'good' clothes on.i put the spare back in the carrier at the tyre place. Interestingly the hole was so big they wouldn't have been able to fix it and said that tyre gel stuff wouldn't have worked on such a large hole. So for me carrying a spare wheel is essential . Anyone without one carrying that emergency puncture stuff would be advised by me to get a spare wheel slung under there. Also it gives freedom to drop the wheel somewhere off for fixing and pick up later if the tyre place is busy

Agreed. Had two punctures, first was a blow out and spare on, second a nail and tyre inflator got me to a tyre depot and a repair.
Got the gloves but do need to get some overalls thrown in the back.

Mike

Bargain at 23 GBP

What size thickness steel plate would you recommend underneath a bottle Jack to spread the load :Nailbiting ?

I have an 8" square piece of 1" ply for mine.
Lighter weight to carry inside the Buzz?
But does the job ?

Yep, agree a proper spare is crucial. Of numerous punctures on various vehicles in past few years, I can't remember the last time one of hem was squirty-can-able. At least with a spare you can get on with your day/trip.

Back