Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Changing dipped headlights on T6.1 Ocean

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
I'm currently in Switzerland, came across from the UK in the week. Does anyone know how to switch the dipped headlights from rhd to lhd in a T6.1? I've changed from mph to kph but can't find on the info screen how to do it. I thought it was possible to do it from the info screen rather than the old fashioned way of sticking those patches on the headlights.......

If you chose the country, it does that automatically I think ... at least on the t6. If the cops stop you just show them that the MFD is set to the correct country.

What headlights do you have?
It could be that the LED headlights don't need adjustment anymore.
Older cars (like mine, H7) have this view: _/ _/
Newer LED's might already be this: _/-- _/--

old:
1598129031932.png

new:
1598129072765.png

The new doesn't blind anymore in other side driving countries.

What headlights do you have?
It could be that the LED headlights don't need adjustment anymore.
Older cars (like mine, H7) have this view: _/ _/
Newer LED's might already be this: _/-- _/--

old:
View attachment 64856

new:
View attachment 64857

The new doesn't blind anymore in other side driving countries.
I have the standard LCD lights on the new Ocean T6.1. I don't understand what those symbols are?

Those symbols represent the beam pattern. The raised / symbol you see, if for a lhd vehicle throws more light to the kerb for the driver to be able to see more of the kerb, which if driven in a rhd country, will dazzle oncoming drivers in the right lane.

The led headlights, say for a lhd vehicle have a flatter beam kerbside and so do not dazzle oncoming drivers if used in a rhd country and vice versa.

Hope that explanation helps.

The change in country should help change the pattern either way.

Enjoy your trip.

On the T6 there is a travel mode for the lights , check the MFD,
Ticking the “lights” “travel mode” box in the MFD, flattens the beam ( not much, but a bit)

Thanks, doesn't appear to be 'travel mode' in the MFD on the T6.1 !!
No problem,
I would assume no need / can’t do anything to adjust the beam on a T6.1 ( as implied by the TripleBee)

Those symbols represent the beam pattern. The raised / symbol you see, if for a lhd vehicle throws more light to the kerb for the driver to be able to see more of the kerb, which if driven in a rhd country, will dazzle oncoming drivers in the right lane.

The led headlights, say for a lhd vehicle have a flatter beam kerbside and so do not dazzle oncoming drivers if used in a rhd country and vice versa.

Hope that explanation helps.

The change in country should help change the pattern either way.

Enjoy your trip.
Something like this...

Back