Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Changing varta 92 ah battery for a 150ah lithium in g c 600

I don’t just the panels, when it needs speed you can charge to 100% from a normal 220v socket in about an hour, or from a 12v socket while I’m driving all 3 options are better than relying on a single 175w solar panel that VW offer from the factory - It works for me anyway and the cost was about £1,200 all in !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Clearly works for you..but relying on charging from a 240v outlet rather defeats the point of an off grid solution for us
The cost of a replacement 150 Ahr lithium battery, and a 50A dcdc charger plus installation around 1500 quid...so not much different. Currently we are using in France and with fridge on continuously plus general living electricity draw we have never had the battery below 60% charge. Solar from the vw panels provides reasonable top up and drives between stops dumps 50A (600w)/hour driving. Not hooked up to a 240 v supply for about a week now.
The panel shows 100% battery SoC at all times !...and despite the dire warnings of electrical shutdown when 30plus amps of draw has occured (through the KFG)...this hasn't happened to us as yet

Clearly works for you..but relying on charging from a 240v outlet rather defeats the point of an off grid solution for us
The cost of a replacement 150 Ahr lithium battery, and a 50A dcdc charger plus installation around 1500 quid...so not much different. Currently we are using in France and with fridge on continuously plus general living electricity draw we have never had the battery below 60% charge. Solar from the vw panels provides reasonable top up and drives between stops dumps 50A (600w)/hour driving. Not hooked up to a 240 v supply for about a week now.
The panel shows 100% battery SoC at all times !...and despite the dire warnings of electrical shutdown when 30plus amps of draw has occured (through the KFG)...this hasn't happened to us as yet
I concur. It's a no brainer.

This one works in the dark!

Back