Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Charging cable uk adapter

I have two lengths of cable, 11m and 14m.

I also purchased a bunch of these to connect the two lengths together.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B076QH9VF4?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

And I also made a reverse polarity cable about 6 inches long.

The 14m cable has a male blue 16a connector permanently attached and the other end terminates with a female waterproof connector (above). The female blue connector attaches to this waterproof connector either with or without the 11m add extension and / or polarity cable.

I used 1.5mm arctic yellow cable which is good enough even for our caravan. Just!! This is flexible and takes up half the size and weight of the standard 2.5mm hookup cable.

I have two lengths of cable, 11m and 14m.

I also purchased a bunch of these to connect the two lengths together.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B076QH9VF4?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

And I also made a reverse polarity cable about 6 inches long.

The 14m cable has a male blue 16a connector permanently attached and the other end terminates with a female waterproof connector (above). The female blue connector attaches to this waterproof connector either with or without the 11m add extension and / or polarity cable.

I used 1.5mm arctic yellow cable which is good enough even for our caravan. Just!! This is flexible and takes up half the size and weight of the standard 2.5mm hookup cable.
@CaliforniaCylus, dummy question perhaps, but if (as you have) you experience reverse polarity abroad, is it obvious?

Last edited:
@CaliforniaCylus, dummy question perhaps, but if (as you have) you experience reverse polarity abrod, is it obvious?
In the caravan we carry a polarity plug-in tester.

Reverse polarity is common on the continent but also not an issue because all their switches are double poled - switching live and neutral on or off.

Also in Spain the orientation of the old style plug reverses polarity itself!

Our switches only switch the live conductor so with reverse polarity you could think you've isolated a light or appliance but in reality you haven't.

There's so little 240v in the Cali - one plug that I haven't brought the tester with us on this trip without the caravan.

It's unlikely any appliance or device will function incorrectly with reverse polarity.

In the caravan we carry a polarity plug-in tester.

Reverse polarity is common on the continent but also not an issue because all their switches are double poled - switching live and neutral on or off.

Also in Spain the orientation of the old style plug reverses polarity itself!

Our switches only switch the live conductor so with reverse polarity you could think you've isolated a light or appliance but in reality you haven't.

There's so little 240v in the Cali - one plug that I haven't brought the tester with us on this trip without the caravan.

It's unlikely any appliance or device will function incorrectly with reverse polarity.
Thank you, @CaliforniaCylus, I guess the main concern would be the battery charging function which from what you say should still function normally if polarity is reversed.