Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Charging issues with the T6?

David Eccles

David Eccles

VIP Member
I have been offered info on a product to share with magazine readers that solves T6 auxiliary battery charging issues - apparently this seems to be a common fault (?) and Auto sleeper and some convertors are going to be fitting it ...it seems to be an issue with Euro 5/6 engines and the drive to lowering emissions
So I just wondered if T6 Cali owners had experienced any probs as I have not come across the issue and I know nothing about it
David

ah I see thanks for pointing me in right direction!
apparently the product is very good for faster more efficient charging in T5s as well
would fitting something like this invalidate VW warranty is my next question...the one I am talking about here is from Sterling Power

ah I see thanks for pointing me in right direction!
apparently the product is very good for faster more efficient charging in T5s as well
would fitting something like this invalidate VW warranty is my next question...the one I am talking about here is from Sterling Power
I've seen the Sterling power products, very nice but unless you are suffering from poor charging its an expensive modification. Generally warranty only directly affects the part you want fixed, a faulty steering rack claim wouldn't be affected with that mod in place, but if it fried your cali control unit and they found it that might be an issue getting the control unit changed, if you know what I mean.
There re also other units like the Ctek D250s to look at.

Back