Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Chatsworth - Derbyshire

C

Calibo

VIP Member
Chatsworth Park CC - Peak District Derbyshire

Beautiful site with excellent facilities. It's actually in the walled garden area in the grounds of Chatsworth House. You can walk for miles from here and there are so many pubs to choose from in this area with 3 or 4 that are in walking distance from the site. Chatsworth House also has a restaurant, coffee shop, farm shop and of course the usual gift shop. Only problem with this site is that it is usually booked solid for most weekends during the year but if you are able to get away for a midweek break then we can highly recommend it. Fish and chip van arrives on a Friday night .......YUM!

+1

We stayed here a few weeks ago. You tend to have to book a while in advance as it is a busy site. We (unusually for us) ate out each night of the long weekend we stayed for and the local pubs are expensive for food but I must say, served the best food I've had in ages and the service was absolutely brilliant.

I agree Chatsworth CC is good. Castleton CC also in the Peak District is good, with an easy walk into the village for pubs etc.

If you're not bothered about hookups Cooper's in Edale is good (easy walk to 2 pubs), whilst Park House at Monsal Head is my favourite, with easy walk to pub at Monsal and the Packhorse at Little Longstone.

Although we live in Bakewell, we'll often ring around late Saturday to see what's available and I'll head off with the kids for the night. We often get in at Chatsworth and Castleton this way presumably due to last minute cancellations.

The juxtaposition is fantastic. One of the largest homes in the world, next to one of the smallest.

Have to concur with all the positive statements about this excellent site. Stayed there recently and have to say - highly recommended.

Also, we found out that all folk staying on the site can then get a 10% discount in the Chatsworth Farm shop, providing they shop before 11am or after 4pm.

And anyone who's visited the Farm Shop would agree, that's a real bonus :thumb