Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Cali's on the Farm July 2014 - 0 Days To Go

Re: Cali's on the Farm July 2014 - Just 8 days to go !!

Martin said:
It is your vehicle licence number? If not please leave blank as we know who you are :)

Ok , reg nr it say....didn't know
Licence plate nr. Thats what we call it overhere :clap

Are you guys in Belgium all coming over in convoy together?

Martin said:
Are you guys in Belgium all coming over in convoy together?

Guess not , don't know any other members personaly
Had contact by mail with two members , one leaving a day earlyer then me , otherone don't know...
We are taking a ferry on thursday 20h at Duinkerken to Dover , at arrival search for a sleepingspot and on fridaymorning take the drive to COTF
Any tips witch way/direction best to take coming from Dover....?

Payment done by paypal :thumb

Been thinking of bringing my "child safety net" allong ...if anyone is interested purhaps it can stay overseas....or is this not done at COTF to sell something?
I will never use it , just sit in my garage catching dust and spiders...but in new condition :eek:

Hello

Hopefully we might be able to make it now.

If some relatives wanted to come in their non-Cali motorhome, do they need to book a "non-Cali standard pitch" or the slightly dearer "Tent standard pitch"?

Thanks
Mark

hotel california T5 said:
Been thinking of bringing my "child safety net" allong ...if anyone is interested purhaps it can stay overseas....or is this not done at COTF to sell something?
I will never use it , just sit in my garage catching dust and spiders...but in new condition :eek:

That's no problem you are welcome to bring it along to sell we could put it on our stall
For you.

markh said:
Hello

Hopefully we might be able to make it now.

If some relatives wanted to come in their non-Cali motorhome, do they need to book a "non-Cali standard pitch" or the slightly dearer "Tent standard pitch"?

Thanks
Mark

If they could book the tent pitch as the Cali pitches give us a record of how many are coming :thumb

hotel california T5 said:
We are taking a ferry on thursday 20h at Duinkerken to Dover , at arrival search for a sleepingspot and on fridaymorning take the drive to COTF
Any tips witch way/direction best to take coming from Dover....?

If you are happy to wild camp, the Dover Patrol Memorial is a popular spot (also known as St Margarets Bay). No toilets but there is a pub within walking distance.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place...2!3m1!1s0x47dea5eea751c525:0x788db729d9ce7303

There is a service station on the M20 just outside of Dover, which will give you toilet facilities in the morning.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place...r+M20,+Sellindge!3m1!1s0x0:0x23efebf9aed27548

Alternatively you can park at the services overnight. There will probably charge you for that.

If you want campsites, Pitchup.com is a good way to find them. Shows a couple near Dover:

https://www.pitchup.com/search/-/to...r&type=10&arrive=2014-07-10&depart=2014-07-11

Best route (assuming easiest!) to COTF will be to use the motorway network - M20, M25, M4, M5. No tolls or anything.

hth,
dan

Re: Cali's on the Farm July 2014 - Just 7 days to go !!

OK - thanks Kev.

Who's the "non-Cali" pitch for then, out of interest?

Mark

markh said:
OK - thanks Kev.

Who's the "non-Cali" pitch for then, out of interest?

Mark

Hi Mark,

Sorry, this was an error on my part, the standard non Cali pitch is for tents, motorhomes etc... and is priced at £30 for the two night and includes upto 5 people.

We did this as we had a few people that wanted to meet friends here and also some people that wanted to purchase a Cali and just wanted to come and have a look round.

Booking page is now updated

We have just checked the weather forecast and we would like to come now, we have some friends in a tent that would also like to come, can they pitch next to us?

steph said:
We have just checked the weather forecast and we would like to come now, we have some friends in a tent that would also like to come, can they pitch next to us?

Hi Steph, that should be fine, just make sure they book as a non Cali please.

Do we know where on the site we are going to be? Distance from showers and loos affects what we will take with us.

Hi sally. The ehu pitches will all be numbered to correspond with your booking ref
The standard pitches will be in a separate area that is further away from the toilets and showers. We will be encouraging people to park on one side of the rally field to be as close as pyisically possible to the shower block if you like you can park right the other corner of the rally field but would suggest a porta potti :thumb I hope this helps

I see we made it into the VW bus T4 & 5 magazine thanks guys :cool

IMG_20140705_103446.jpg

Re: Cali's on the Farm July 2014 - Just 6 days to go !!

Nice one Kev, they got the bit wrong about 100 Cali's ... we are now nearly at 160 !!!! :clap

Just got your email re COTF, we are picking up our Beach on Thursday and wanted to come down on Friday night and pay on the gate but I notice all the electricity pitches have gone? Can we go on the waiting list please? Also looking to bring my rods do i pay you direct to use the lake? :clap

Trevor

Hi All,
Regrettably I will now not be able to attend due to work commitments - gutted. This was to be my first event with the group, and I was also looking forward to the trip from here in S Spain too. :x
If possible, can you donate my sign-up fee to a suitable charity, or failing that perhaps stick it behind the bar? :D
Ironically, I will be in UK next weekend, but with work unfortunately - I hope everyone has a great time.

Cheers! :thanks

trevbmw said:
Just got your email re COTF, we are picking up our Beach on Thursday and wanted to come down on Friday night and pay on the gate but I notice all the electricity pitches have gone? Can we go on the waiting list please? Also looking to bring my rods do i pay you direct to use the lake? :clap

Trevor

Come and see us on Saturday morning and we may have some available, there is no charge for fishing in the lake.

T5sevilla said:
Hi All,
Regrettably I will now not be able to attend due to work commitments - gutted. This was to be my first event with the group, and I was also looking forward to the trip from here in S Spain too. :x
If possible, can you donate my sign-up fee to a suitable charity, or failing that perhaps stick it behind the bar? :D
Ironically, I will be in UK next weekend, but with work unfortunately - I hope everyone has a great time.

Cheers! :thanks

Sorry to hear you can't make it mate, I will get someone to drop you an email.

Re: Cali's on the Farm July 2014 - Just 5 days to go !!

Loads more bookings coming in today :clap

Don't forget we close the booking page tonight so we can give the final figures to the campsite !!!

The way things are going we will hit the magic 200 :thumb :thumb :thumb

Weather permissting we should be allowed to go on the beach for the ultimate photo opportunity - VanWest Style !!

vwest.jpg

Calikev said:
The way things are going we will hit the magic 200 :thumb :thumb :thumb

Waho way to go. If I remember correctly we had around 15 calis at the first cotf in 2012 !!

Yes that's right Andy :thumb just shows how the club is growing :thumb