Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Check list for new California

Goldie

Goldie

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
The check list was useful when picking up Beach today as the fly screen and one manual was missing - both replaced.

I have a question regarding the two straps mentioned. One for emergency hold down of the roof and the other for the table. Are these for the full Cali as the dealer did not know what they are for and the Beach already has the two additional buckles to hold down the roof as well as the clips. Oh and the upstairs light appears to be an option - should have ordered one :doh

Any ideas? :?:

Andy

Emergency hold down strap is for use if the roof hydraulics fail. The table strap allows the sliding table to be secured over the bench seat. So I'd not expect either of them to be necessary in a Beach.

Thanks for cofirming. :thanks

Do owners buy a VW light for upstairs or there a a Hella or Bosch alternative that's better and possibly cheaper?

Andy

Goldie said:
Thanks for cofirming. :thanks

Do owners buy a VW light for upstairs or there a a Hella or Bosch alternative that's better and possibly cheaper?

Andy

Mine came with a light.

James

Pretty certain the upstairs "snap off" light is standard!

Thanks. I have seen them in the glove box of some new California. Perhaps someone took mine to replace a snap-off. Will check with VW MK when I get back from pick up trip.

Are we talking about a light on a flexible stalk for the upstairs bed? I thought that the ‘full’ Cali had one permanently fixed as standard where as the Beach had a power socket there instead. This seems at odds with James’s response though. My Beach has a power socket in the roof area and I never got any sort of light to plug in there.
Tempted to try and make up an LED strip with ‘cigarette lighter’ plug that could be used both in the roof and also as an awning light.

Not read all the posts ,but maybe on the checklist should be a visual exterior roof inspection ... Take your step up :)

owen_h said:
Are we talking about a light on a flexible stalk for the upstairs bed? I thought that the ‘full’ Cali had one permanently fixed as standard where as the Beach had a power socket there instead. This seems at odds with James’s response though. My Beach has a power socket in the roof area and I never got any sort of light to plug in there.
Tempted to try and make up an LED strip with ‘cigarette lighter’ plug that could be used both in the roof and also as an awning light.

IKEA LED strips are 12v and make an ideal interior or awning light.

Buy some of the ones that interconnect in lengths of about 12". Cut off the 240v-12v power supply and solder/connect the leads to a 12v plug (with switch).

Back