Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Child Seats for a California T5

C

Charlies Angel

Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Hello,

We have just bought a California T5 SE180 so are completely brand new! We are looking forward to a great summer of fun and adventures in it with our 2 children and Golden Retriever Puppy.

Our boys are aged 6 and 4 and we still use car seats with Isofix points for them. However, when transferring them from the old car to the new California we have discovered that they are really tough to get in to the Isofix points.

I was wondering what other people with children do for car seats for the kids.

thanks for any help

CA

My kids are a similar age and they just use booster seats.

Hello,

We have just bought a California T5 SE180 so are completely brand new! We are looking forward to a great summer of fun and adventures in it with our 2 children and Golden Retriever Puppy.

Our boys are aged 6 and 4 and we still use car seats with Isofix points for them. However, when transferring them from the old car to the new California we have discovered that they are really tough to get in to the Isofix points.

I was wondering what other people with children do for car seats for the kids.

thanks for any help

CA
If you pull the rear seat forward slightly, about 6", then pull the black tape in the centre and push the seat back slightly it will lock at a slight recline. I then found it was easier to get to the Isofix points. I think it is just due to the newness of the seat cushioning.

Also with booster seats they don't take up much room when setting up for a night, just chuck them in the front footwells.

Thanks everyone, will persevere with the isofix points with the seat a bit forward and see how we get on

Welcome Angel ;)......on you first post

Thanks everyone, will persevere with the isofix points with the seat a bit forward and see how we get on
Welcome, it is worth persevering as it does get easier. The isofix points in the centre of the seat are the easiest to locate 1st. The fixing points can be seen easily from behind the bench seat and the top tether point is shown in the handbook if you need that too. There is a table in the handbook about the isofix fixings on different seat types and for the 2 seat bed bench ( as WelshGas points out) it does state that it needs to be partly reclined to engage the isofix latches then returned to upright, though it's still nowhere near as straightforward as a normal seat.
Happy travels.

I have read the threads above and tried fixing ISOFIX child seats for my grandchildren and the angle is set correctly on the T6 bench seat but I am completely beaten when it comes to trying to engage the seat arms with the ISOFIX fittings since it seems the wrong angle!!! Grrr!

Anyone got any top tips please??

Our first trip together this weekend was a failure and we had to go in the Volvo which is an easy fix!

We use these plastic adapters from cybex. You press them in the crack between the seat and back rest. They have holes that makes access easy to the isofix connection.

On our 3-seat bench I just pull the lever, recline it a wee bit, and then the isofix seat can easily connect. And then of course pull the seat back up straight after.

On our 3-seat bench I just pull the lever, recline it a wee bit, and then the isofix seat can easily connect. And then of course pull the seat back up straight after.
Thank for you for responding - Mine is the two seat version and I did recline and could "feel" both ISOFIX fittings but when trying to engage it was the wrong angle and was in danger of damaging the seats which are alcantara leather - this is badly designed because the way the leather is stitched right over the right and left hand-side ISOFIX fittings :(

We use these plastic adapters from cybex. You press them in the crack between the seat and back rest. They have holes that makes access easy to the isofix connection.
Thanks for responding - this sounds very interesting - can you advise where you bought these from please? Any pics?? :)

Thank for you for responding - Mine is the two seat version and I did recline and could "feel" both ISOFIX fittings but when trying to engage it was the wrong angle and was in danger of damaging the seats which are alcantara leather - this is badly designed because the way the leather is stitched right over the right and left hand-side ISOFIX fittings :(

I have to say, I was worried that the seats might get damaged but mine are just the standard cloth seats so I'm not so precious about them.

Our MaxiCosi seat actually came with those adapters so I should maybe try using them.

I found the Britax ones that came with my seats to be useless with the very recessed connectors on the 2 seat bench (no support underneath to keep them in place) It could be that the Cybex or Maxicosi ones are longer and reach from the connectors to the bench cushions, I would be very grateful if you could update here after trying them.

I found the Britax ones that came with my seats to be useless with the very recessed connectors on the 2 seat bench (no support underneath to keep them in place) It could be that the Cybex or Maxicosi ones are longer and reach from the connectors to the bench cushions, I would be very grateful if you could update here after trying them.
will do - they are on order

Back