Children's sleeping bags

Amarillo

Amarillo

Tom
Super Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
When our Beach finally arrives, we are planning to sleep our two boys laterally on the folded down 3-seat bench. For this purpose, we plan to order two made-to-measure cot mattresses from John Lewis. However, we are trying to resist the temptation of buying anything van specific until after delivery.

Sleeping bags are not van specific, and we have been looking at children's sleeping bags for our boys as Christmas presents.

Has anyone experience of theses?
sb151.jpg

vango-starwalker-panda-wearable-sleeping-bag-p2476-4719_image.jpg

Not tried those but we bought our girls some sleeping bag pods. These are oval rather than mummy/rectangular shape and they love them. Think they might be Gelert, can't get to them at the mo to check.
Not sure I'd want to have the kids outside in their sleeping bags, can just see one of them falling over in a puddle or something.
In the warmer months we tend to use a lightweight double quilt for them. Bought a cheap one from Ikea and it squashes down nicely in a dry sac.

When our daughter was little she had the same 4 and 2 season bags as us. We used a belt or similar to make the bag shorter so she didn't disappear down into it. Children's bags look fun but are nowhere near as warm or functional as a proper adult bag.

My kids sleep upstairs in my old Haglöfs. The rear bed is larger and is better for adults. My kids are also going to bed earlier than me so the fact they are sleeping upstairs and we can sit downstairs for a cup of wine.

When our daughter was little she had the same 4 and 2 season bags as us. We used a belt or similar to make the bag shorter so she didn't disappear down into it. Children's bags look fun but are nowhere near as warm or functional as a proper adult bag.

They get much more wriggle room too. And can clutch more material around them to cosy down ...

My kids sleep upstairs in my old Haglöfs. The rear bed is larger and is better for adults. My kids are also going to bed earlier than me so the fact they are sleeping upstairs and we can sit downstairs for a cup of wine.

I hope they will move upstairs at some point, but age 2 and 3 seems a little young to be up there. Our idea is to sleep them laterally on the bench, without the bed extension, so we don't have to move so much kit about each time we camp. Things will be a bit clearer to us once the van arrives.

Ahh, maybe that will be better then. Maybe one can sleep on the multiflex and one in the sofa while its up so you can sit in driver and passenger seat.

Ahh, maybe that will be better then. Maybe one can sleep on the multiflex and one in the sofa while its up so you can sit in driver and passenger seat.
Now there's a thought... Can the 3 seat bench be taken out and turned around so that the multiflex and bench seat be used as a child's double bed?

Back