Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Cinch Hub reviews

View attachment 80279Currently enjoying our third outing with our Cinch Hub and it suits us very well. With 2 young kids we tend to use it as a bit of a dumping ground for child seats and other detritus we take with us. It allows a really quick getaway for day trips and is a useful pitch marker. With youngest asleep in the van it can be a nice ‘games room’ too by easily accommodating the outside table and 4 chairs for some drinks/games under the LED bulbs provided.
The groundsheet is fitted with a combination of Velcro tabs (8 total) and toggles (4 corners) but does need to be removed for dismantling. That’s not a chore though and fits easily into its designated bag and pocket of the main ‘sack’.
I intend to use it for only 2+ night stays personally but can confirm it is a one-man pack away in under the time it takes to play ‘eye of the tiger’ (some mates played it ‘supportively’ while I folded it away last time….).
Height wise it lines up nicely with the awning so it can be used completely independently or on any of the 3 awning sides. Colour is quite a garish match to my Cherry Red and Mrs JunglieD definitely would’ve preferred the new beige one if it was an option. Can’t deny the practicality though - it stores pretty effortlessly on the parcel shelf - it’s a ‘cinch’ because I have a S2S SIM rather than comfort mattress.
It’s clearly a copy of the discontinued Decathalon Base but there are some iterative enhancements I believe (all minor). One change that can be seen as a negative is it does require more than 4 pegs for setup (8-16 before guys - depending if you choose to peg out the doormats). I suspect that it would perform slightly better in higher winds though because the guys options are plenty.
Go for it - you won’t regret it. If it doesn’t suit then you’d get the majority of your money back on the popular auction site anyway.
Does the Cinch have 4 doors? My Base Seconds has 2. Apart from that they are almost identical.
I wonder why Decathlon dropped them?

My wife was just reading Delay message out to me when I read this. Like others hoped to have maiden voyage in 2 weeks time, never mind, will have to use our Air Beam awning, though bit of a faff

View attachment 80279Currently enjoying our third outing with our Cinch Hub and it suits us very well. With 2 young kids we tend to use it as a bit of a dumping ground for child seats and other detritus we take with us. It allows a really quick getaway for day trips and is a useful pitch marker. With youngest asleep in the van it can be a nice ‘games room’ too by easily accommodating the outside table and 4 chairs for some drinks/games under the LED bulbs provided.
The groundsheet is fitted with a combination of Velcro tabs (8 total) and toggles (4 corners) but does need to be removed for dismantling. That’s not a chore though and fits easily into its designated bag and pocket of the main ‘sack’.
I intend to use it for only 2+ night stays personally but can confirm it is a one-man pack away in under the time it takes to play ‘eye of the tiger’ (some mates played it ‘supportively’ while I folded it away last time….).
Height wise it lines up nicely with the awning so it can be used completely independently or on any of the 3 awning sides. Colour is quite a garish match to my Cherry Red and Mrs JunglieD definitely would’ve preferred the new beige one if it was an option. Can’t deny the practicality though - it stores pretty effortlessly on the parcel shelf - it’s a ‘cinch’ because I have a S2S SIM rather than comfort mattress.
It’s clearly a copy of the discontinued Decathalon Base but there are some iterative enhancements I believe (all minor). One change that can be seen as a negative is it does require more than 4 pegs for setup (8-16 before guys - depending if you choose to peg out the doormats). I suspect that it would perform slightly better in higher winds though because the guys options are plenty.
Go for it - you won’t regret it. If it doesn’t suit then you’d get the majority of your money back on the popular auction site anyway.
Snap @JunglieD! We're also very happy with our Cinch hub, although have only used on one (sunny and calm) adventure so far.

IMG_2181.jpg

Does the Cinch have 4 doors? My Base Seconds has 2. Apart from that they are almost identical.
I wonder why Decathlon dropped them?
Yep - 4 doors each with mozzie net so kind of like an event shelter and great ventilation if needed. I like the arrangement for each door where the panel kind of gets stuffed into a pouch rather than needing to be neatly rolled up. Just iterative changes. Can’t think why Decathalon discontinued the base though - it was clearly a hit. I think on eBay used ones sell for similar money to a brand new Cinch!

Anybody else get the email from Cinch today? Mine is going to be delayed until the end of July which is a bit disappointing because I had plans for it in a couple of weeks time.
1624465738375.png

Cinch is based in Lancaster as is this tent! “Estimated” delivery......
Cinch appear to claim they created the tent which seems dubious?!
The people awaiting delayed July delivery are expecting the 2021 edition which has a few minor changes from the ‘old’ 2020 one, not least the colour option.
The ones on eBay must be 2020 ones as the 2021 versions haven’t been delivered yet. (Is my best guess about what’s going on here)

The people awaiting delayed July delivery are expecting the 2021 edition which has a few minor changes from the ‘old’ 2020 one, not least the colour option.
The ones on eBay must be 2020 ones as the 2021 versions haven’t been delivered yet. (Is my best guess about what’s going on here)
I think all of us that have ordered the new version are waiting on the ‘Rolling Stone’ colour

Most camping items (& Cali’s awaiting parts) subject to delay as a result of congested container ports in Europe & China (One of the busiest ports - Yantai - halted container exports earlier this year due to a Covid outbreak. The impact of this was x5 the impact of the Suez blockage and container lines are still playing catch up). If you want one for use this summer now then probably better to get the old model off EBay. You are covered so can get a refund if it’s not a described…can always sell it after use, and keep your order in place for the 2021 model.

What is the difference other than the colour? I couldn't find that easily on their website

Quite want one of these but the cinch ‘backoffice’ feels a bit disorganised e.g.
- delayed delivery dates in this thread
- I remember reading similar delays on this forum upon original launch
- I’ve tried to buy the 2020 models from the auction site a few times; each time I get an email (and eventually a refund) saying they are out of stock - yet the ad doesn’t get taken down

So looks a good product but I am wary on the logistics side. I know some things are out of their control but there is a theme to what I have seen.

Hi Winston , not sure what choice you have so why don't you just order one and wait for the arrival and maybe use a cheap pop up tent in the mean time ?

Yep - 4 doors each with mozzie net so kind of like an event shelter and great ventilation if needed. I like the arrangement for each door where the panel kind of gets stuffed into a pouch rather than needing to be neatly rolled up. Just iterative changes. Can’t think why Decathalon discontinued the base though - it was clearly a hit. I think on eBay used ones sell for similar money to a brand new Cinch!

The extra doors are a nice idea.
I have the original with 2 doors (don’t use very often these days) having doors on all sides would be a welcome step forward/addition.

Hi Winston , not sure what choice you have so why don't you just order one and wait for the arrival and maybe use a cheap pop up tent in the mean time ?
Hi. Thanks. Would be useful for any recent feedback on whether they are now more organised. And so can I expect to receive one in July or November.

I ordered a Cinch back in May or June which as you can see further up this post was delayed until 26th July which I expected - with everything that is going on I just think it will come when it comes so not too bothered but then I have an old tatty base seconds .

I also received this email from Cinch on Saturday :-

"Hello all,

A quick note to apologise for missing yesterday's July 9th delivery update deadline. The Cinch office has an outbreak of Covid and we're all at home in our various beds. I don't have any significant information to bring you today, but we'll be back early next week with any key info.

Apologies also if its taking us a little longer than usual to reply to your emails & thanks for bearing with us. Covid is no fun at all & we wholeheartedly recommend you stay safe out there. "

We have the Quechua Base Shelter which seems pretty much the same - does anyone know (or anyone tried) if the inner from the new Cinch would fit ok in the base shelter version? It seems that you can order this separately.

Another month delay on delivery announced. Joke. We are going to cancel and order from a company that doesn't leave the people booking in limbo and then pull the plug just before summer

Another month delay on delivery announced. Joke. We are going to cancel and order from a company that doesn't leave the people booking in limbo and then pull the plug just before summer
We have received the email stating delivery is now late August. Although disappointing we accept it is shipping issues beyond their control causing the delays.

Sorry to hear that and was the concern of mine that I mentioned a few posts back.

I sympathise on shipping problems, my issue here is that there appears to be a theme.

I also note that they are still advertising the tents for sale on eBay. Yet if you try to buy one you will get an email to say they are sold out and you’ll then have to wait for a refund. Shoddy at best, unethical practice at worse.

Such a shame as think this could be a great product but let down by management.

Blimey. I managed to get a 'seconds' one of these. Ordered it and got in in three days. Just lucky guess, this all sounds like a nightmare.

Great, did you go for green or 'rolling stone'? I ordered a green one, then heard the bright colour attracts flies, so have changed to rolling stone ...
cinch.jpg
Cinch delivered today. Haven't set it up yet but all present and correct, with blackout inner tent, solar panel and 2 solar lights. Might be a bit heavier than I expected, but good and compact

Wow great news. I hope mine arrives soon.

Mine has been delivered today too! Looking forward to giving it a go and hope packing away will be easy!

View attachment 84798
Cinch delivered today. Haven't set it up yet but all present and correct, with blackout inner tent, solar panel and 2 solar lights. Might be a bit heavier than I expected, but good and compact
Ours was delivered Wednesday morning, it’s a good piece of kit.

Mine arrived a few days ago. I don’t know what I was thinking but I decided to pop it up in the kitchen! A little tricky to do as I didn’t have a second pair of hands to help me nor was it pegged in the ground. But I got it up and then back down with some reassurance from the video. It is a little smaller inside than I was hoping, which probably means I am not done with my drive away awning for longer trips. However it is going to make weekend - 4 day trips much easier, and you never know we might adapt our ways for our longer trips. I do love the 4 doors and mosquito nets which will make a difference when we are cooking in there. The solar section is a great idea, I already have some solar gadgets so we will be using what we have already rather than buying the one from cinch.
C9264560-276C-4A98-BDC6-02CE5A203740.jpeg