Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Clark Commercials

Clark Commercials Edinburgh strike again !!!

I purchased a 3 service deal when I bought my Beach back in 2016,
I’ve had issues with both Edinburgh and Kirkcaldy service centres from day one,
but for the last 2 years I’ve been happy as I’ve not had any dealings with either of them until today !!!!
The van was booked in for a service today, when my wife dropped it off they informed her that there were several recalls on the van that needed attention and they would need it for 4 hours !!!!
Anyway one of the recalls was to inspect for roof corrosion, which was all clear :)

I arrived home from work to the following :

View attachment 63957

View attachment 63958

View attachment 63959
So sorry to see this. How have you got on with them today (assuming you’ve gone straight back to them?)

I was contacted by one of Clark Commercial managers earlier, who, to give him credit did actually apologise and seem interested in my complaint.

But it’s ongoing just now !!!!!

Clarks Commercials Edinburgh have just done my rear wheel bearings and track rod ends, collect and return service used, no issues to report.

Clarks Commercials Edinburgh have just done my rear wheel bearings and track rod ends, collect and return service used, no issues to report.
Hi, did they offer collect and return when you booked or did you ask ?

I ordered a pretty high spec Kombi back in July. It was to replace my wonderful Ocean (that I still miss every day), but simply wasn’t working for me with 4 dogs. Trying to have them all crated safely was a struggle, and even without managing that, I was unable to access wardrobe, fridge, hob or sink...
Hence the Kombi order - which was maxed up to represent a Beach, without being a Beach.
Once the news came about the new Beaches, I asked around on the forum and received some really useful feedback (@Borris ) .
Today I had an appointment with my dealer to discuss potentially changing my Kombi order to the new Beach, and buying a vehicle to tide me over. As they had politely offered me a high spec Kombi to use as trade in for my Ocean whilst I awaited my Kombi.
So, to have the dealer say, they have already discussed a loan / lease vehicle for me for the extended period. Without me asking. Just, gave me a good feeling that despite my negative earlier experiences, things are being turned around to be customer focused.
As the new Beaches are not yet on the configurator, I can’t say for sure. I am optimistic that I can add a positive new order post in 2 weeks.

Fingers crossed and would be great for a positive outcome. Good luck.

That is good to hear Alison on Clark Commercials ... but did you not switch because of the trailer and the single rear gate fouling the trailer? If you switch to the beach, yes, you get a beach ... but that would not have the barn door option?

I ordered a pretty high spec Kombi back in July. It was to replace my wonderful Ocean (that I still miss every day), but simply wasn’t working for me with 4 dogs. Trying to have them all crated safely was a struggle, and even without managing that, I was unable to access wardrobe, fridge, hob or sink...
Hence the Kombi order - which was maxed up to represent a Beach, without being a Beach.
Once the news came about the new Beaches, I asked around on the forum and received some really useful feedback (@Borris ) .
Today I had an appointment with my dealer to discuss potentially changing my Kombi order to the new Beach, and buying a vehicle to tide me over. As they had politely offered me a high spec Kombi to use as trade in for my Ocean whilst I awaited my Kombi.
So, to have the dealer say, they have already discussed a loan / lease vehicle for me for the extended period. Without me asking. Just, gave me a good feeling that despite my negative earlier experiences, things are being turned around to be customer focused.
As the new Beaches are not yet on the configurator, I can’t say for sure. I am optimistic that I can add a positive new order post in 2 weeks.
You appear to be having a better experience with Clark Commercials than us. Still waiting for a quote for a Cali from back in August...... Get the impression some of the dealers cant be arsed unless you walk through the door, particularly in Aberdeen with all the off-shore money doing the rounds

That’s great to hear. Here’s hoping for a 4Motion beach option ;)

You appear to be having a better experience with Clark Commercials than us. Still waiting for a quote for a Cali from back in August...... Get the impression some of the dealers cant be arsed unless you walk through the door, particularly in Aberdeen with all the off-shore money doing the rounds
That's not good to hear. I got quotes around the same time, ordered in September, and had no issues or unreasonable delays in getting information or making progress. Who have you been dealing with in Aberdeen?

That is good to hear Alison on Clark Commercials ... but did you not switch because of the trailer and the single rear gate fouling the trailer? If you switch to the beach, yes, you get a beach ... but that would not have the barn door option?
Yes that is correct. But I can slide the bench seat right forward and access the (yet to be bought dog crates) internally when towing.
Was not possible in the Ocean as I could only fit 2 crates in the rear and 2 were in the living area so no room to move the seat... without the wardrobe and cupboard there will be space behind the bench seat for all 4 dogs.

That's not good to hear. I got quotes around the same time, ordered in September, and had no issues or unreasonable delays in getting information or making progress. Who have you been dealing with in Aberdeen?
Don't recall the blokes name but had a couple of responses from the quote requests I submitted through the webpage. They were quick enough to reply after the initial requests saying they would get back to me with some figures but never heard anything else. Chased once then decided not to waste anymore time.

This was the beginning of August. We ended up ordering through Hawco in Inverness shortly after. Great service and a fair discount, all you cant ask for to be honest :)

Don't recall the blokes name but had a couple of responses from the quote requests I submitted through the webpage. They were quick enough to reply after the initial requests saying they would get back to me with some figures but never heard anything else. Chased once then decided not to waste anymore time.

This was the beginning of August. We ended up ordering through Hawco in Inverness shortly after. Great service and a fair discount, all you cant ask for to be honest :)
Good that you got an order sorted, pretty poor that Aberdeen didn't follow-up though. Their loss is Hawco's gain, also assume more local for you in the event of any warranty/service support.

Good that you got an order sorted, pretty poor that Aberdeen didn't follow-up though. Their loss is Hawco's gain, also assume more local for you in the event of any warranty/service support.
Yep, we were happy to keep it local for warranty and service. Everywhere else is 2 to 3 hours away.

And just to start the week off on a good footing, had a call from the sales boss this morning to let us know the van is at the docks waiting for the next crossing.... happy days :thumb

Yep, we were happy to keep it local for warranty and service. Everywhere else is 2 to 3 hours away.

And just to start the week off on a good footing, had a call from the sales boss this morning to let us know the van is at the docks waiting for the next crossing.... happy days :thumb
That's great news, should be with you very soon, enjoy. Out of interest, when did you order?

That's great news, should be with you very soon, enjoy. Out of interest, when did you order?
Ordered 8th August then spoke to VW chat maybe a month ago who told us confirmed build week 41 which was week before last.

Back