Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Classified Ads on this site

James Brennan

James Brennan

Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Hi guys,

Sadly looking to sell our Cali (currently on Autotrader) and wondered if anyone had any feedback as to how useful the 'Cali's for sale' section is on this site.

Thanks,

James

Sold my previous van on here in less than an hour as I got a deposit unseen. Obviously price needs to be right as some people advertise their vans at totally unrealistic prices.

Thanks Victor and agree re right price which is not something I'm an expert at - It's currently on Autotrader at what seems a fair price compared to its peers but doesn't mean I've got it right - I'd be interested in any thoughts re valuation :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine didn’t sell on here. Sold on auto trader. Sometimes it’s just the timing. (Or the bright yellow colour!)

Sold my last two Cali's on this site to nice people.
Anyone putting a search for VW California for sale will be directed to this site.

Just seen it James, looks like a lovely Cali with low mileage and some great accesseries. Seems a very fair price and should sell quickly!

Hi guys,

Sadly looking to sell our Cali (currently on Autotrader) and wondered if anyone had any feedback as to how useful the 'Cali's for sale' section is on this site.

Thanks,

James
Sold mine on here to a chap from New Zealand, way better than autotrader

Sold my last one on here in less than an hour

Thanks for all the feedback guys - Will give it a go.

Thanks for all the feedback guys - Will give it a go.

Last link got removed so will try again -
I’m guessing your link will get deleted again as that’s free advertising on here then.

@admin. The link is still showing in post 11.

Thanks Victor and agree re right price which is not something I'm an expert at - It's currently on Autotrader at what seems a fair price compared to its peers but doesn't mean I've got it right - I'd be interested in any thoughts re valuation :)
You can always get an idea of value off webuyanycar. I ended up selling our last Cali to them and got more than some similar ones were being advertised for, although it was spring then so prices may have softened a bit.

You can always get an idea of value off webuyanycar.

Not that I’m looking to sell, but kind of hoping that WBAC (seriously) under-values.

2012 140 manual SE, minimal extras (no stereo upgrade, no satnav, no tow bar etc) 88k, FSH valued at £20,500 by them. My gut feeling is this should be somewhere between £25 - £28k.

Not that I’m looking to sell, but kind of hoping that WBAC (seriously) under-values.

2012 140 manual SE, minimal extras (no stereo upgrade, no satnav, no tow bar etc) 88k, FSH valued at £20,500 by them. My gut feeling is this should be somewhere between £25 - £28k.
Their valuation is far too low, but try again in a week, you may find the value increases. I think that's what @2haw found.

I sold my Beach on here within 2 days to the second person to view.

Their valuation is far too low, but try again in a week, you may find the value increases. I think that's what @2haw found.

I’ve run a price check 3 times in the past 3 months, and the valuation has gone down £250 between each check.

I guess what I’m trying to do is work out if their ‘view’ of the market lines up with the view on here that spring time is the time to sell.

I’ve run a price check 3 times in the past 3 months, and the valuation has gone down £250 between each check.

End is summer (ie now) is definitely not the time to sell a (or just my?) Cali via WBAC ... just run the valuation for 89k miles - £18,890

Hi guys,

Thanks,

James
Sold mine on here. Very quick and better price than p/x.

Sold my last two Cali's on this site to nice people.
Anyone putting a search for VW California for sale will be directed to this site.
Thanks for the compliment. Just got back from Shetland/Orkney/NC500.