Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Clean Custard

I trust that is Wellington UK. We're heading off to NZ and the wife was really happy to find that they had a Waitrose in Wellington. :laugh2

BTW Your windows look quite dark. Is that a standard tint or have you had film applied? I have double glazing but no tint and I'm going to get it done soon.

Andy

Goldie said:
I trust that is Wellington UK. We're heading off to NZ and the wife was really happy to find that they had a Waitrose in Wellington. :laugh2

BTW Your windows look quite dark. Is that a standard tint or have you had film applied? I have double glazing but no tint and I'm going to get it done soon.

Andy

Wellington UK - they have got a Waitrose which recently had major fire ten minutes after we had left.

That's the standard windows - it's just the light on them :)

Until recently i would have said that Yellow or White was the way forward for a Beach - Blackberry is tempting though.

Not really a bad colour tbh :)

Looks great. I feel ashamed at how filthy ours looks now....!
The colour really suits it especially with the decals on the side.

defender1 said:
Looks great. I feel ashamed at how filthy ours looks now....!
The colour really suits it especially with the decals on the side.

Every six months or so I get it fully Valeted - just keeps it fresh - it's amazing how much dirt it gathers :)

I think it looks nice with decals but I'm so used to them that when I see another Yellow Beach I actually like the all over yellowness :)

The Beach has a simplicity about I really like - a bit 'old skool'.

James

James

Forgive my ignorance....what is the dash top 12v?

Is it a hook up?

James said:
defender1 said:
James

Is it a hook up?

All new Cali's have a 12v now installed on the top of the dash try or it can be specified. So the above the heating vents. There's a thread on here which I will find.

It can be retrofitted and it means you aren't reliant on the ash 12v.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4203&p=37392&hilit=12v+socket+top+of+dashboard#p37392

It's not live all the time like those in the back of the van but I think it will be really useful.

James

Thanks James, I now have a burning desire to go out and check if our April 13 registered beach has that....!
Don't think so though as sure would have spotted it. The ashtray one is rubbish design for plugging in phone etc

defender1 said:
James said:
defender1 said:
James

Is it a hook up?

All new Cali's have a 12v now installed on the top of the dash try or it can be specified. So the above the heating vents. There's a thread on here which I will find.

It can be retrofitted and it means you aren't reliant on the ash 12v.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4203&p=37392&hilit=12v+socket+top+of+dashboard#p37392

It's not live all the time like those in the back of the van but I think it will be really useful.

James

Thanks James, I now have a burning desire to go out and check if our April 13 registered beach has that....!
Don't think so though as sure would have spotted it. The ashtray one is rubbish design for plugging in phone etc

That's how most people feel about it - so I thought I'd one fitted by SMG.

James

Looking at those photos it looks like it would be easy to miss if you didn't know it was there.

Can you give us an idea of the cost? Must be some expense for you heading up to SMG to have it fitted :eek: . Could it be done as a DIY job?

Andy

Goldie said:
Looking at those photos it looks like it would be easy to miss if you didn't know it was there.

Can you give us an idea of the cost? Must be some expense for you heading up to SMG to have it fitted :eek: . Could it be done as a DIY job?

Andy

Hi Andy

We're camping tonight before heading to SMG tomorrow. We didm't get much chance over the summer because of moving down to Devon so this is a late year camp before heading onto sMG tomorrow. :)

James

James said:
Spotless Valeting in Wellington did a grand job - owner a bit of a T5 guy.
he's called your Beach a Caravelle on their FB site though...need to have words!

maui2512 said:
James said:
Spotless Valeting in Wellington did a grand job - owner a bit of a T5 guy.
he's called your Beach a Caravelle on their FB site though...need to have words!

If I go through why it's not a Velle and a Cali - people either fall asleep in boredom or they punch me in the face through irritation - it's just not worth it...

We did discuss this whilst it was been cleaned and he has two T5 panel vans himself but you know, to most even even those of a T5 bent, it will always be a velle lol

James

Back