Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Cleaning water tank

Use the right stuff and clean it with Puriclean ...

Puriclean is perfect for cleaning & purifying all stored water systems and can also be used on boats, Caravans, Motor Homes & others.
Unique dual purpose formula, cleaning & sterilising rolled into one.
Cleans a water system from top to bottom including any tanks, pipes, pumps & taps.
Powerfully removes bacteria, viruses, biofilm, algae & fungi.
It's as simple as soaking & flushing.
This formula will not harm any components of your system.
Puriclean is quick & simple to use, simply add to your water system & leave to soak for a maximum of 2 hours then rinse.
We have used Puriclean for several years, flush twice a year. No problems.

100% puriclean - only about £6 for a tub on Amazon. No taste residue either (not that that is an issue for me anymore after covid - - I’ve had no taste or smell since Dec ). Not to change the subject but has anyone suffered similar and found something that brings smell back?

Thanks much appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

100% puriclean - only about £6 for a tub on Amazon. No taste residue either (not that that is an issue for me anymore after covid - - I’ve had no taste or smell since Dec ☹️). Not to change the subject but has anyone suffered similar and found something that brings smell back?

I had Covid at the very beginning, March 2020. Lost 100% of smell and taste. Taste came back first but even now, over a year later I have less than 50% smell. Very strong smells are fine but light smells don't register. To some degree this has helped so far...
I bought the smelling kit some months ago

Maybe it's me, but isn't it the point to ensure the water is sterile and free of any bacterial contaminants All the time.
Cleaning/sterilising the tank 1 or 2 times a year does nothing for the times in between.

Besides emptying the tank at the end of the trip I just use Katadyn, which sterilisers the water, everytime I fill it.

Maybe it's me, but isn't it the point to ensure the water is sterile and free of any bacterial contaminants All the time.
Cleaning/sterilising the tank 1 or 2 times a year does nothing for the times in between.

Besides emptying the tank at the end of the trip I just use Katadyn, which sterilisers the water, everytime I fill it.

In an ideal world you are correct. The mitigating circumstances would include, not drinking from the on-board tank and that in the absence of light bacteria and especially algae tend not to grow. But yes, if one is after maximum protection then as you say clean the tank after every use and or before every use.

In an ideal world you are correct. The mitigating circumstances would include, not drinking from the on-board tank and that in the absence of light bacteria and especially algae tend not to grow. But yes, if one is after maximum protection then as you say clean the tank after every use and or before every use.
I think I'll keep with my system of ensuring the contents are sterile and safe for human consumption, no matter where I fill up from.

100% puriclean - only about £6 for a tub on Amazon. No taste residue either (not that that is an issue for me anymore after covid - - I’ve had no taste or smell since Dec ☹️). Not to change the subject but has anyone suffered similar and found something that brings smell back?
Thanks I ordered it too

I always clean new water bottles before using do I would clean before use. Others wont.

I always clean new water bottles before using do I would clean before use. Others wont.
I agree to at least flush before use if not clean. Could be residue from manufacturing.

Back