Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Coast T6.1: Why leisure batteries time remaining so low

SFO

SFO

Vehicle
T6.1 Coast 150
Very strange.

Started happening last week on a long drive.

I am driving through traffic in London. Nothing on (not even radio or fan blower), but the read out for leisure batteries is showing 10 mins left even though they are almost fully charged. Nothing on at the back either, no fridge, no lights, nothing. Max Charge setting is on.

When parked up and switched off, leisure batteries reading goes to >60hr after about a minute.

Just started it to repark it just now. Readout now 2hr 30mins with Max Charge on, and nothing on electrically anywhere.

Again, when parked up and switched off, reading goes to 46hr after about a minute.

Am really confused, I didn’t think the engine drew any power from the leisure batteries? Do I have a fault somewhere?

Has anyone else experienced this?

Very strange.

Started happening last week on a long drive.

I am driving through traffic in London. Nothing on (not even radio or fan blower), but the read out for leisure batteries is showing 10 mins left even though they are almost fully charged. Nothing on at the back either, no fridge, no lights, nothing. Max Charge setting is on.

When parked up and switched off, leisure batteries reading goes to >60hr after about a minute.

Just started it to repark it just now. Readout now 2hr 30mins with Max Charge on, and nothing on electrically anywhere.

Again, when parked up and switched off, reading goes to 46hr after about a minute.

Am really confused, I didn’t think the engine drew any power from the leisure batteries? Do I have a fault somewhere?

Has anyone else experienced this?
Happens on mine all the time. Pretty much ignore ‘time remaining’ and ‘blue charging bars’. Always go off the voltage at rest which seems to be more reliable. 12.7 and above for full charge.

Reactions: SFO
I am worried that this has only just started happening after 2 years with the van