Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Coil

N

nutty123

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hi everyone
Can anyone help I had a yellow coil light flashing on the panel. It was very hot It didn't accelerate very well, so pulled up left it 5min re started again all fine. But happened again later that day, same again and been fine. Will it do it again, should I take her in ??
Thanks

Means there's a fault somewhere in the engine management system (helpful, I know) and needs plugging in and reading the code with a diagnostic tool. If you are still in warranty then get it into the dealers, if not you may want to see if anyone local to you has a reader that could help narrow down the fault.

Hi Nutty,
It's as MrT says, you need to plug into a diagnostic tool.
We had a similar flashing coil and power drop in 2018, called VW Assistance who sent out the AA.
The AA tech plugged in the diagnostic tool and found that there was a low fuel pressure sensor problem, he found the sensor who's connections appeared loose, he tightened the connections and everything was back to normal, and we have had no problems since.
The AA man said it was a common enough fault (caused by diesel engine vibrations) and easily fixed.
The above was our experience, but all will depend on the error code that the diagnostic tool finds.
Good luck.

Hi everyone
Can anyone help I had a yellow coil light flashing on the panel. It was very hot It didn't accelerate very well, so pulled up left it 5min re started again all fine. But happened again later that day, same again and been fine. Will it do it again, should I take her in ??
Thanks
Hi Nutty, I follow this forum for advice on my van, will you discuss your Birth Control device on an alternative forum please!

Hi everyone
Thanks
Hi Nutty, I could be several things, the first thing I would suggest

When did your van last do a regen of the DPF?
Do you use the van for lots of short journeys?
Is your fuel tank more than 1/4 full ?
Is your engine oil between the two marks on the dip stick ?

The engine management light can come on as yellow or red, the former is a warning to take action to prevent a problem developing, the later usually means remedial action needs to be taken.