Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Flashing Coil-type light.

T

The Poets

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Afternoon All, so this afternoon the DPF light came on (yellow light looks like an exhaust), so took it for a blast for 10 mins as advised. It then went off.
It’s a 2016 Ocean I should add, 150.
5 mins later the yellow coil / sideways spring light started flashing. Got home and was advised to get it booked in and not drive it....booking at Breeze Southampton not until 7th Jan! Portsmouth could do no quicker.
Luckily I renewed the vw warranty which has all been confirmed by them.
Any clue on what this could be? It was seemingly running fine for the 10 mins or so while we got home.
Should we not drive it at all?
Cheers in advance!

Last edited:
Why not call out VW assist? let them plug it in and advise. ( that's if you renewed VW assist) also, think they fast track dealer repairs,

Afternoon All, so this afternoon the DPF light came on (yellow light looks like an exhaust), so took it for a blast for 10 mins as advised. It then went off.
It’s a 2016 Ocean I should add, 150.
5 mins later the yellow coil / sideways spring light started flashing. Got home and was advised to get it booked in and not drive it....booking at Breeze Southampton not until 7th Jan! Portsmouth could do no quicker.
Luckily I renewed the vw warranty which has all been confirmed by them.
Any clue on what this could be? It was seemingly running fine for the 10 mins or so while we got home.
Should we not drive it at all?
Cheers in advance!
As @Meoncoast says above. How do they expect you to get the vehicle to the garage?.
Your vehicle is 4 yrs old. What is the milage? Long trips or small trips over the last 6 months?

No, there's no VW Assist.
The earliest anyone can look at it is 7th Jan - and we have to get the vehicle there. It's not in limp mode etc and there was no offer of collecting the vehicle or coming to look at it....unsurprisingly i suppose.
28k miles, always serviced accordingly etc.
I'll start it tomorrow and take it round the block, see if the light is present or not and if it is will just have to wait. Wondered if there was a normal cause of this kind of warning light appearing, more than anything. It has an all component warranty so i'm not too fussed about that part.

You might want to invest in a Carista ODB module and ger the fault code off and post it?

You can also start a forced regeneration and retrieve the DPF ash level.

Buy a Carista dongle on Amazon prime for £24.99. It will be delivered tomorrow.

We had the same issue drove it ourselves to the garage and they found some broken part that was fixed under warranty. Car was running fine otherwise.

/Oskar

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Back