Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Collect new Cali T6 tsi Friday - is there a check list of essentials anywhere

Izzi

Izzi

Carpe diem
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Hi I am collecting my new Cali T6 tsi on Friday. I am wondering if there is a checklist of essential things/questions to go through with the dealer which might be useful. I saw a thread somewhere but could not find the actual list.

Hi I am collecting my new Cali T6 tsi on Friday. I am wondering if there is a checklist of essential things/questions to go through with the dealer which might be useful. I saw a thread somewhere but could not find the actual list.
Hi Johntowers46, I'm waiting for the day I can say that. You must be really excited your salesman would have the cali check over and ready for you to pickup. Me I would make a list as i think of something. Enjoy :thumb

Hi Johntowers46, I'm waiting for the day I can say that. You must be really excited your salesman would have the cali check over and ready for you to pickup. Me I would make a list as i think of something. Enjoy :thumb
Sorry I should have replied to Izzi

Probably an important one to put on the list :

Make sure they've put petrol in it not diesel - it must be years since anyone at a VW commercial garage has put petrol in anything so the chances of someone getting it wrong must be high.

Would definitely become VIP member (soon paid for by discounts available in VIP members area).

Download list is essential . Not all dealers are good at checking the CALI.
We had a sliding table leg missing & dent in the bonnet. The list has been compiled with important things to check. It may save a trip back to the dealer.

Looking forward to hearing all about the TSI Izzi... best of wishes for Friday... two more sleeps...

Sorry I should have replied to Izzi
No prob. Your day will come - and suddenly it is all go i.e. insurance, seat covers, what (basics) do I need for first trip out etc and of course where to go

Can't wait to see what you think of the TSI - plus what actual spec it is!!
You said it - I can't wait either - spec here:
Metalic paint Indium Grey; Towbar prep; Bed extension and comfort sleeping mattress;
1 Swivel seat with adjst on Rail System; Heated front windscreen; F/R Parking sensors + rear view camera; High Beam Assist; Cruise Control; 4 Stnd Inter lights + 1 flrsent-psng cmpt; Blueth handsfree set without coupling Bx; Cupboard in Dark Wood with Outdoor connection; Awning housing and rail black; LED Hdlgt + daytime running Lgt/Red Tlgt; Privacy glass with heat insulation; 17in Cascavel Al-Blk Dmd Tmd Srfce; Lthr Mlti functn sport steering wheel/gear kn; Multi-function clr display Premium+DAS; Discover Media Nav System Plus

Probably an important one to put on the list :

Make sure they've put petrol in it not diesel - it must be years since anyone at a VW commercial garage has put petrol in anything so the chances of someone getting it wrong must be high.
Yep - good idea - I wrote to the dealer and suggested he remind the technicians

Metalic paint Indium Grey; Towbar prep; Bed extension and comfort sleeping mattress;
1 Swivel seat with adjst on Rail System; Heated front windscreen; F/R Parking sensors + rear view camera; High Beam Assist; Cruise Control; 4 Stnd Inter lights + 1 flrsent-psng cmpt; Blueth handsfree set without coupling Bx; Cupboard in Dark Wood with Outdoor connection; Awning housing and rail black; LED Hdlgt + daytime running Lgt/Red Tlgt; Privacy glass with heat insulation; 17in Cascavel Al-Blk Dmd Tmd Srfce; Lthr Mlti functn sport steering wheel/gear kn; Multi-function clr display Premium+DAS; Discover Media Nav System Plus
Looking forward to hearing all about the TSI Izzi... best of wishes for Friday... two more sleeps...
PS - Also been confirmed by dealer that there is definitely a petrol parking heater

Should have gone for the extra vowel set too.

Check everything and take some time understanding how the roof works and the folding bed. Unbelievable as it may seem, our dealer managed to miss the fact the VW Factory had not put the auxiliary diesel / parking heater in our van build - despite the Factory paper work saying it was there. Anyway, we spotted it, the dealership was mortified but it wasn't their error (hugh relief on thier behalf!) They were excellent and sorted it by ordering us a new one so we had free use of our first van for 7 months before the correctly spec'ed one arrived. We felt terribly guilty taking our van back and swapping it. It felt like having a lovely new puppy in the family for 7 months then swapping it for a slightly better one. #abandoned!

Hi. I’m to waiting to take delivery of my Cali ocean in a few months. How the hell do you miss out a parking heater it’s not an extra. Could the vw garage not have fitted the heater? Is there an option not to have a parking heater fitted. YouTube videos are very helpful have a look at CALIFORNIA CHRIS He works for VW in Liverpool. Some great advice and videos. How to. Fitting the gaz bottle/ how the roof works/ Q&A and lots more. Ps hope the new puppy comes soon and the vet gives her a clean bill of health ATB Glen :thumb

Welcome @Izzi
How was your pick up day?
Cheers sapto

Do not rely on dealers check list when you pick up your Cali. Have your own. The lists in the download section may need updating but a great start. :thumb. All the best.

Do not rely on dealers check list when you pick up your Cali. Have your own. The lists in the download section may need updating but a great start. :thumb. All the best.

What is missing off the current list please for the T6?

Back