Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Collection and dealer advice

Hunchyfish

Hunchyfish

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204
Hi. I’m collecting our new Ocean at the end of the week and I’m wondering if any of you have any key advice on what to watch out for? What offers are worth it and what not? (I’m sure I’ll be sold something else). Pretty sure I’ll be offered gap insurance which I don’t need as I’ll already have that covered. The additional warranty offer looks good so seems like a sensible investment. I think I know what to check out on the Cali before signing off... but any tips or advice from the forum? Thanks!

Hi. I’m collecting our new Ocean at the end of the week and I’m wondering if any of you have any key advice on what to watch out for? What offers are worth it and what not? (I’m sure I’ll be sold something else). Pretty sure I’ll be offered gap insurance which I don’t need as I’ll already have that covered. The additional warranty offer looks good so seems like a sensible investment. I think I know what to check out on the Cali before signing off... but any tips or advice from the forum? Thanks!
Dont let them touch the paint. If you want it polished/protected go to a pro detailer for a better result and better value.

GAP insurance - paint coat - seat treatment- tyre insurance - gets offered - all good dealer money spinners.
Extended Warranty - seems not to be offered. - The only thing I would take up.

GAP insurance - paint coat - seat treatment- tyre insurance - gets offered - all good dealer money spinners.

When we collected our little Skoda Citigo the dealer was insistent that if we didn’t pay for the seat treatment (and some other pointless bits) we needed to sign a disclaimer, citing some regulation of the Financial Conduct Authority!!!

Thanks @Meoncoast Disappointing to hear extended warranty not being offered. I’ll post if I have a different experience

When we collected our little Skoda Citigo the dealer was insistent that if we didn’t pay for the seat treatment (and some other pointless bits) we needed to sign a disclaimer, citing some regulation of the Financial Conduct Authority!!!
Outrageous! Not expecting that kind of thing, but ready for it in case. Thanks

Back