Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Comfort insurance

Just had a very good quote from Comfort - pick up my Cali next week to replace my previous Caravelle. Asked them about NCB and they said if I can prove I have it, they will record and preserve it during my time with them (although it won't make any difference to my premium). Worth asking them about it if this is your concern. I have found them the best all round quote, allowing me to treat the Cali as my main vehicle with class 1 business use and fairly high (for a camper) annual mileage. All for nearly half the price of my Caravelle insurance!

First renewal notice through from Comfort - £440 is £60 up on last year, so a noticeable hike.

Not actually too bothered about the cost - I'm getting unlimited mileage, class 1 business, +1 named driver, and parked on road for that, but the worry is the lack of no claims ...

Safeguard quote is £50 more than Comfort, but they will honour/reinstate my no claims.

Hmmm, what to do ...?

I renewed with comfort yesterday....

They told me that NCB is no longer an issue as if you have it when you join them even though they will not take it into account, they will when you leave them issue a NCB certificate based on when you had when you joined them.

Renewed. NCB is as BerndRos says. I'm covered for parking on road, but they did say they no longer offer this cover; they only honour it for existing customers.