Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Business Insurance

M

mcj224

We're really looking forward to picking up our new Cali Ocean on Friday. But ... it is also our family car and, because of that, I need some business cover. I've not found any recent threads on the subject. I've tried Comfort and Safeguard who said they don't do business. No problem getting reasonable quotes through Go Compare but I realise they're car insurance rather than motorhome insurance.

We can't be the only people in this situation. Can anyone share their wisdom?

Thanks. Matthew.

Use the search function I think this was discussed either last week or the week before, P.s welcome.

I have business insurance with Safeguard, extra cost of course.
Direct Line include as standard but premium uncompetitive

^ my understanding is that direct line offer free business use if you use their Web system but charge extra if you ask over the phone.
I have business use with LV (Liverpool Victoria), who were best for me.

I have occasional business use with Safeguard which is why I stick with them.

Last edited:
^ my understanding is that direct line offer free business use if you use their Web system but charge extra if you ask over the phone.
I have business use with LV (Liverpool Victoria), who were best for me.

Same here. £276 this year on joint policy with our Yeti.

Thanks everyone. Turns out Go Compare have a motorhome site too. And I can tick the box for business use.

I’ve insured for Business Use with LV before and now with Admiral - all the more difficult to find cover as mine is parked on the street & no drive.

Admiral do it. Direct line don’t insure the camping parts. Admiral were actually cheaper with full business cover than when I tried without!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We're really looking forward to picking up our new Cali Ocean on Friday. But ... it is also our family car and, because of that, I need some business cover. I've not found any recent threads on the subject. I've tried Comfort and Safeguard who said they don't do business. No problem getting reasonable quotes through Go Compare but I realise they're car insurance rather than motorhome insurance.

We can't be the only people in this situation. Can anyone share their wisdom?

Thanks. Matthew.
I'm with Comfort with Business Use £368 a year. Just rechecked my policy as you had me worrying! Yep ,its on there.

Back