Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

First Camp in our Coast and some lessons learnt to share

That interesting about the awning, will take a look at the threads, i don't think a couple of inches though will be enough

View attachment 77012
A lot of that slack can be taken up by positioning if the awning?
Looking at the ground level the awning could be another 6inches further to the left?
Above the door of the awning (sagging grey bit) there are straps to pull it tight.

A lot of that slack can be taken up by positioning if the awning?
Looking at the ground level the awning could be another 6inches further to the left?
Above the door of the awning (sagging grey bit) there are straps to pull it tight.
Hi, i'm not sure how clear it is but it's this part that is sagging, it is hanging down doubled up so it's about 2 foot in total of loose material. This is the best we could get after adjusting with the straps. We are away in Cornwall the end of May (all being well) so will try fiddling about with it again then...

20210420_182736.jpg

Hi, i'm not sure how clear it is but it's this part that is sagging, it is hanging down doubled up so it's about 2 foot in total of loose material. This is the best we could get after adjusting with the straps. We are away in Cornwall the end of May (all being well) so will try fiddling about with it again then...

View attachment 77063
Hi ladymuck
Did you pitch the driveaway awning , then attach to the van ?

the bottom of the DA awning could be further away from the van ( in your photo the side bottom is loose, moving the DA a waning away from the van will help tension the sides and take up some slack in the roof.

try attaching the DA awning to the van (top of wind out awning, wind out awning several inches, attach the fight per of 8 adaptor, wind the awning back in the clamp the figure of 8 adapters)
loosen all adjustable straps on the DA awning, then pitch the DA as far away from the van as possible pegging the base out fully to create tension on the sides of the DA awning, pitch the guy ropes, then tighten the adjusters (wrap the adjuster around the wind out awning casing if you can (i.e if the adjusters are high up on the DA awning

Hi ladymuck
Did you pitch the driveaway awning , then attach to the van ?

the bottom of the DA awning could be further away from the van ( in your photo the side bottom is loose, moving the DA a waning away from the van will help tension the sides and take up some slack in the roof.

try attaching the DA awning to the van (top of wind out awning, wind out awning several inches, attach the fight per of 8 adaptor, wind the awning back in the clamp the figure of 8 adapters)
loosen all adjustable straps on the DA awning, then pitch the DA as far away from the van as possible pegging the base out fully to create tension on the sides of the DA awning, pitch the guy ropes, then tighten the adjusters (wrap the adjuster around the wind out awning casing if you can (i.e if the adjusters are high up on the DA awning
Hi we got the awning up but didn't peg it down until we had aligned it as much as possible to the van, did a lot of fiddling (and cursing) with the straps and trying the get rid of the sags but to no avail. We'll try again in a few weeks I think before buying another, just got to find a decent campsite with availability ..
Thanks for your advice