Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Comfortz Cali Wrap review?

Thank you, do you have to have a front window (as it would not be insulated?) or can you just have side vents? Thank you

Yes you can have just the side vents give the shop a call they will help you

Just order it and put side vents no front window in the order notes

Thank you, do you have to have a front window (as it would not be insulated?) or can you just have side vents? Thank you

Hi @GlitterGirl the front window does make it lighter up there and also lets overhead light in to the living area below. It could be a bit dark without a window. The amount of heat you will loose through there is pretty negligible, it's a small area compared to the insulated bits. When I tried mine out 3 weeks ago it was -2C outside and I had one of the little Diddy Heaters on ½ power which is 750w and it kept the Cali between 19C & 22C.
I don't keep the heater on overnight.

Simon

Just order it and put side vents no front window in the order notes
I just ordered one after seeing @SimonB demonstrating it over Christmas, lovely piece of work, only one slight niggle, I asked for side vents on the order notes as you suggested, but it promptly arrived without them?

Ring the shop they will change it for you

Im 6ft 4 and can just about reach ours to put it on. With two people its really easy and takes 5 minutes. Me on my own about 7 minutes! My wife needs a step up though on the other side to get the thinner part behind the roof mechanism.
Taking off is literally a 20 second affair, it slides straight out.
all in all its a great thing and works perfect for our kids, it keeps it really dark up top as well for those light summer mornings.
View attachment 52977
Hello, which one is this please - is this the Brandrup Isotop?

If you look back up the thread a bit, there are some photos of it. It is a shaped insulated cover that fits over the canvas and keeps the heat in over the winter, or the sun out in the summer.
Look at #15 to see how ours looks on the van. I have side vents in mine that lets the excess heat out if you want a through breeze those can be seen on #23 which line up with the side windows in the canvas top.

Hope this helps

Simon

Back