Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Bed/topper review

Paulro

Paulro

VIP Member
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
A short review of the upstairs bed, topper mattress choices.
We've slept on the standard mattress and slept well but last year we bought a 1" slumberdown memory foam topper. It wasn't covered, just foam and it made a bid difference.
We folded it up and stored it in the back which was ok.
A few months ago I decided to buy a zonesleep topper more in the hope that, combined with the 1" memory foam we could leave them both up top and still enjoy a comfortable night's sleep.
We discounted that idea before we even tried a night on this combination.
It was too hard and uncomfortable.
So we had a week in Brittainy last week on the original VW mattress with the zonesleep on top.
It was easier to fold up and store but I can't say it was any more comfortable than the £60 memory foam.
I'm sure there are others that will say different but that's what reviews are like......just our opinion.

It seems the priority is to use something that is comfy but can stay in the roof when you drop the pop top. From my experience of the manual roof, there is not much room to play with before the closing / locking action starts to become tight / difficult to lock closed. We have the VW mattress with a thickish mattress protector and a fitted sheet - its very comfortable and probably at the limits of what will fit depth wise - happy with that ..... with the manual roof you can feel where the limits are, i am not sure the auto roof might be unduly strained in finding the limits

Back