Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Comment.

Remember, a pic can give a very warped view - depending on which angle it has been taken from.

We were there about 6-8 weeks ago and people in queue were very respectful and sufficient distance was maintained.

Remember, a pic can give a very warped view - depending on which angle it has been taken from.

We were there about 6-8 weeks ago and people in queue were very respectful and sufficient distance was maintained.
I am sure. People are becoming complacent and ignoting the rules the once followed.

Has something changed in the UK population (for the healthier). Surely the increase in numbers at these countryside hotpots isn't just the folk that can't be in benidorm?

Has something changed in the UK population (for the healthier). Surely the increase in numbers at these countryside hotpots isn't just the folk that can't be in benidorm?
Snowdon has always been like that at the summit.

Here's a picture of me (centre) on a crowded Snowdon summit in October 2003.
1601304627830.png

Snowdon has always been like that at the summit.

Here's a picture of me (centre) on a crowded Snowdon summit in October 2003.
View attachment 67083
Maybe (in fact it's proven by your photo) but Mam Tor by me is now like a school holiday at Ikea, every weekend since lockdown and Julia Bradbury told the world about it.

Busy hills are always busy at certain times aren't they?
can't see what the problem is.

Maybe (in fact it's proven by your photo) but Mam Tor by me is now like a school holiday at Ikea, every weekend since lockdown and Julia Bradbury told the world about it.
I have climbed four 2000 Ft plus peaks since lockdown ended: Cader Idris, Pen y Fan, Ingleborough and Pen-y-ghent. All have been significantly busier than previous ascents, but given the space around a mountain peak, social distancing has not been difficult. Pen y Fan was the most worrying, Ben and I reached the top at 9.55, sat down and had a sandwich, and ten minutes later a queue had formed for a summit photo, and this was still relatively early for reaching the summit, peak (haha) time would be about 4 or 5 hours later.

We were “up Snowden” on Saturday and it was certainly nothing like that! We walked up to the halfway cafe from Llanberis and although there were quite a few on the track there were no issues with social distancing but I can imagine the summit getting busy.

We were “up Snowden” on Saturday and it was certainly nothing like that! We walked up to the halfway cafe from Llanberis and although there were quite a few on the track there were no issues with social distancing but I can imagine the summit getting busy.
Six official paths converge at or just below the summit, so the summit may be six times busier than any single path.

Six official paths converge at or just below the summit, so the summit may be six times busier than any single path.
Surely the main reason Snowdon is so busy is that you can get a train up there?

The reason came to me this afternoon. These are the people who would normally be stuck in traffic on the way to the gym to ride a stationary bicycle. They are now stuck in a queue for a summit photo while their cars are blocking the roads in the valley.

The reason came to me this afternoon. These are the people who would normally be stuck in traffic on the way to the gym to ride a stationary bicycle. They are now stuck in a queue for a summit photo while their cars are blocking the roads in the valley.

All working from Home, Mountain or Campervan!