Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Front Spring colour codes---help please.

I hate to drag up an old thread. Though admittedly, I'm not sure why it matters...

Anyway, looking to order the T32 control arm bushes and can see how it may be difficult to get the correct ones. Do you have the part numbers for the correct ones you received @Skewif? I think I need Looking here, it seems that there is only one PN for the forward bush and several for the rear bush (fwd control arm). Is it only the rear bushes that need to be changed for solid ones?
Only the rear bush is different. T32 part number 7H0407182. 7H0407182A is the T28/30 bush. If you give VW your reg or Vin No they will say it doesn't fit your vehicle but it does and well worth doing while suspension apart for any reason.

Does anyone have anything OTHER than 2 grey stripes and 1 green stripe on the front springs ?

I was just told by VW that for my 2006 SE 2.5 LHD (German Import)
front: 1 grey 1 green
rear: 1 white

-----------UPDATE 2--------------

There is a sticker on the underside of the dash below my steering wheel, and another in my service booklet. It has "PR numbers" (production codes).

It seems you can use these codes to verify the originally equipped parts yourself. They match what the dealer told me.

I'll have to verify if these are the same colour springs still on mine or not, as I want to lift my van back to stock height. If my lowered sport springs were installed at the factory, it doesn't help me work out which are the appropriate standard ride height codes.

PR Codes.png

-----------UPDATE--------------

There appear to be lots of possible options, presuming it depends on the options fitted to the van including 2wd/4wd etc. But the colours I was quoted are on there...

part codetitlenotequantitydata model
suspension
shock absorbers
front
7H0 411 105coil spring
1 paint mark
white2PR-1BA+0JA
PR-2MF+0JA
7E0 411 105coil spring
1 paint mark
grey2PR-1BA+0JB
PR-2MF+0JB
7E0 411 105 Acoil spring
2 paint marks
grey2PR-1BA+0JC
PR-2MF+0JC
7E0 411 105 Bcoil spring
3 paint marks
grey2PR-1BA+0JD
PR-2MF+0JD
7E0 411 105 Ccoil spring
1 paint mark
1 paint mark
grey
green
2PR-1BA+0JE
PR-2MF+0JE
7E0 411 105 Dcoil spring
2 paint marks
1 paint mark
grey
green
2PR-1BA+0JF
PR-2MF+0JF

part codetitlenotequantitydata model
suspension
shock absorbers
rear
7H5 511 115 Jcoil spring
2 paint marks
pink2PR-1BA+0YA
PR-2MF+0YA
7H5 511 115 Kcoil spring
3 paint marks
pink2PR-1BA+0YB
PR-2MF+0YB
7H5 511 115 Lcoil spring
4 colour strokes
pink2PR-1BA+0YC
PR-2MF+0YC
7H5 511 115 Mcoil spring
1 paint mark
white2PR-1BA+0YD
PR-2MF+
0YD

Last edited:
Same on mine. 2013 180SE 4 motion DSG.
Hi Skewif . Just reading your comments with interest on front suspension upgrade. I upgraded my rear with t32 springs and Bilstein b6 for a trip to Nordkapp in 2018 towing about 3/4 ton . Transformed the van . The front top bearings are now creaky so have decided to upgrade front . I have ordered front Bilstein struts which currently have 40% off . Is there a drawing of front suspension I can study to work out the parts you have suggested that I need ? I was thinking of upgrading the front springs to t32 and wondered what you thought ? Will this be too hard . Perhaps I should stick with what I’ve got but hear a lot about broken springs . I have Bf Goodrich k02 tyres . Roads are full of big potholes these days ! Thanks for your input .

Hi Skewif . Just reading your comments with interest on front suspension upgrade. I upgraded my rear with t32 springs and Bilstein b6 for a trip to Nordkapp in 2018 towing about 3/4 ton . Transformed the van . The front top bearings are now creaky so have decided to upgrade front . I have ordered front Bilstein struts which currently have 40% off . Is there a drawing of front suspension I can study to work out the parts you have suggested that I need ? I was thinking of upgrading the front springs to t32 and wondered what you thought ? Will this be too hard . Perhaps I should stick with what I’ve got but hear a lot about broken springs . I have Bf Goodrich k02 tyres . Roads are full of big potholes these days ! Thanks for your input .
Hi Trebor, if I remember correctly you will most likely have springs used on the T32 already 2xgrey1xgreen (T32 2wheel drive). If I ever needed to take the front apart again I'd fit the 3xgrey1xgreen (T32 4motion) as would like to have a few mm extra height and a little less body roll. As it would be only a relatively small increase in spring stiffness it would not be too hard as the Cali is so heavy. I haver found a local conversion company that normally has a bin full of nearly brand new springs of all types as they often lower the campers they sell on. If you are worried about spring breakage you could do no harm by fitting new ish ones bought for a few £.

Don't have a picture but if taking the front apart I would fit:
1. New type t6 top mounts / bearings. the type you will have were superseded several years ago and a kit with all the new parts needed is widely available.
2. New TCA rubber bushes using the t32 type as mentioned in posts above. These are a total must.
3. Front strut ball joints on TCA. There was nothing wrong with mine but wanted everything new and tight so can fit and forget.
4. New HD ARB drop links.
5. ARB rubber bushes
That's pretty much everything that can wear or rattle. I don't remember changing the steering rack tie rod ends but would if in any doubt of their condition.
All of the parts I fitted were Meyle HD as their parts are designed to be longer lasting than original.
Some 40k miles later having spent at least 6 months off road all is still great though did have one nearside TCA bush changed a year ago as past its best..

Hope that is of some help.

Hi Trebor, if I remember correctly you will most likely have springs used on the T32 already 2xgrey1xgreen (T32 2wheel drive). If I ever needed to take the front apart again I'd fit the 3xgrey1xgreen (T32 4motion) as would like to have a few mm extra height and a little less body roll. As it would be only a relatively small increase in spring stiffness it would not be too hard as the Cali is so heavy. I haver found a local conversion company that normally has a bin full of nearly brand new springs of all types as they often lower the campers they sell on. If you are worried about spring breakage you could do no harm by fitting new ish ones bought for a few £.

Don't have a picture but if taking the front apart I would fit:
1. New type t6 top mounts / bearings. the type you will have were superseded several years ago and a kit with all the new parts needed is widely available.
2. New TCA rubber bushes using the t32 type as mentioned in posts above. These are a total must.
3. Front strut ball joints on TCA. There was nothing wrong with mine but wanted everything new and tight so can fit and forget.
4. New HD ARB drop links.
5. ARB rubber bushes
That's pretty much everything that can wear or rattle. I don't remember changing the steering rack tie rod ends but would if in any doubt of their condition.
All of the parts I fitted were Meyle HD as their parts are designed to be longer lasting than original.
Some 40k miles later having spent at least 6 months off road all is still great though did have one nearside TCA bush changed a year ago as past its best..

Hope that is of some help.
Thanks Skewif . That’s very helpful . I’ve got Bilstein shocks and the top bearings you suggest so far . Makes sense to change / upgrade everything whilst it’s in bits . Many thanks .

Any idea what the meaning of yellow colour meaning (its in my cali )? i have notice some spring (online) have HFH written on it.

IMG_9613.jpeg